Career Education Focus:
1. Helps to understand how to gather important facts to include for a potential post-secondary institution/employer.
2. Helps to understand the process of and information included in an electronic portfolio.
3. Evaluation of information.
Life-Long Learner Standard:
1. Identify capabilities and limitations of contemporary and emerging technology resources (portfolios) and assess the potential of technology services to address personal, lifelong learning, and workplace needs.
1. Provide instruction and lead discussion on the purpose of maintaining documents in a portfolio for applying to a potential post-secondary institution/employer. (15 min)
2. Gather information which may include the following: (25 min for 2-3)
-Application requirements of selected post-secondary institution(s)
-Or Application requirements of a potential employer. Obtained by clicking on the Information Button after Institution Name within Institution Learn More Page (Takes you to the institutions Web Site) or from Find Opportunities in a Career Learn More Page from a Job Listing.
3. Begin Work on a document that will host the information gathering, which could include some of the following:
-What is your high school academic GPA (9-12) based on 4 point scale?
-What is your current SAT/ACT Score (or Practice Test Score)?
-Have you received any High School Academic Awards?
-What are your Special Interests/or Awards received outside of School?
-Have you had any Job Experiences? If so Dates of Employment and Job Duties.