Sign up, log in to your account, and click "New Cover Letter" from the menu.
Voila! You've just created your first cover letter. Now you "only" need to write it. 🤓
How to write a great cover letter in 7 steps:
- Open with a killer headline. When in doubt, try to use this formula: Number or Trigger word + Adjective + Keyword + Promise. (Example: 5 Ways I Can Help You Improve Your Company’s [insert a position-related keyword])
- Use a correct form of greeting. Research the name of the hiring manager online. When it comes to honorifics (i.e. Mr., Mrs., Ms.), everything depends on the company’s culture. If you're not sure, use the good old "To whom it may concern".
- Paragraph 1: Open strong, compliment the company and name a mutual acquaintance if you can. Limit the introduction to 1–3 sentences.
- Paragraph 2: Explain why you're a great fit for the company.
- Paragraph 3: Explain why the company is a great fit for you.
- Closing paragraph: Finish strong and stay in touch.
- Don’t send your cover letter as a document attached to your email. Put it inside the body of the email. That is, unless you're applying through a predefined online form.
For more information, check our guide and learn how to create a great cover letter.
For some inspiration, you can also check our cover letter samples. You can also filter them by profession.