This help centre article has been written for the Koru Kids nanny service

If you are part of a nanny share then we need to set you up with a PAYE scheme. This is because your nanny will effectively have two employers: you and the other family. When an employee has a second job HMRC requires their pay to be processed via PAYE. This lets us report your nanny’s pay to HMRC for you, and keep you compliant with all the tax aspects of being an employer.  Don’t worry, we’ll set this up, run it on your behalf and cover any costs.

You’ll also need a National Insurance number - if you don’t already have one, you can apply for one here.

Did this answer your question?