To use the Landlord Law Membership site or to access a course, kit or ebook you have purchased, you need to log into the Landlord Law site.
How to Log in
You log into Landlord Law via the login link at the top right of the Landlord Law Services Site header.
This will take you to a screen which will ask you to input your username or Email Address and your password. Once you have done this, click the 'Log in' button and you should then
- if you are a member - be taken to the Members Dashboard, or
- If you are not a member - be taken to your My Purchases page where you can access all your purchases
NB If you are a Landlord Law member but are logging in to access a course or ebook, you will find your 'My Purchases' page if you scroll down a bit on the My Dashboard page. Click the blue square icon.
Problems with Logging In
If you are experiencing problems logging in - here is some guidance for you:
- Make sure you are logging into the correct website. The Landlord Law site is at www.landlordlaw.co.uk. Occasionally, people confuse us with different organisations providing landlord services.
- Are you sure you are actually a member? People sometimes think receiving our free mailings gives them membership. Landlord Law membership is paid subscription service. (Note that you don't need to be a member to access a paid product or course).
- Your user name is either the username you set when you joined or your email address. If you are not sure, use your email address. But note that this MUST be the email address you used when you joined Landlord Law or purchased your product.
- Your password is the password which you either set when you joined or which you have amended later. But passwords are easily changed - see below.
Note also that sometimes people make mistakes when inputting their emails when buying something. If you think this has happened in your case (for example if you have had no emails from us after purchasing a product) please get in touch telling us what you have purchased and the date of purchase. This is something we can fix for you but only if we know about it!
If you are a member of our old website:
The current website was launched in December 2018. The old website has now been deleted.
Your login for the old website will not work on the new Landlord Law website. Membership did not transfer automatically and if you did not rejoin your membership will have now lapsed. Contact us if you wish to rejoin.
Are you SURE you are using the correct login?
Remember that computers are stupid. You have to input the username and login exactly right or it won't recognise you.
It's best to copy and paste - and make sure you don't copy any 'spaces' by mistake as this could also cause problems.
If you are typing the login rather than copying and pasting, make sure your caps lock is not on.
Have you changed your password in the past?
This often happens. Members change their password, don't log in for a while and then forget that they changed it!
We recommend the use of a password management system such as LastPass. This will remember your passwords for you and can even log you in automatically. The standard version of LastPass is free too. We use LastPass and find it invaluable.
If you have forgotten your password
You will find a 'Lost your password?' link under the login boxes on the login page. Click this and you will be taken to a screen where you need to input your email.
This MUST be the email which is registered to your Landlord Law account (the current Landlord Law website, not the old one). If you have multiple emails then make sure you are using the correct one.
This is another reason why a system like LastPass is useful as it will remember this for you. If you input an email here which is not registered on the site, this will trigger an error message and you can try again.
Once you input your email and click you will get a message asking you to check your email in-box. As it says in the email - if you then do nothing (eg if you remember what your password was!) nothing will change. However, if you still want to change your password then, when the email arrives, click the link which will take you to a page where you can put in a new password. KEEP A NOTE OF IT!
You will then be able to log in using your email and the new password.
If the site is showing you as logged out when you know you are logged in
This can be very annoying. It happens sometimes due to a process which is known as 'caching'. In order to speed up loading times, web browsers will often 'remember' pages and show the memorised version if you visit that page again rather than actually visiting the website.
However, if the last time you visited that page was when you were logged out - your browser may show you a logged out screen when you are actually logged in.
- Sometimes holding down the shift key when re-loading the page can sort this
- Or you can 'clear your cache'. How you do this depends on the internet browser you are using. Do a Google search 'How can I clear my cache?" and you will generally get given the correct guidance (we have a help page here)
- If you STILL have problems - try using a different internet browser (such as Chrome if you have been using Firefox) or use another computer, or maybe your iPad or iPhone.
Has your renewal payment been made?
Sometimes, usually due to credit card changes, a Landlord Law membership renewal payment will not go through. If this happens, your access will then be terminated.
You will normally get an automatic email from our system if this happens, but if you have changed your email and not notified us, you may not get it. Sometimes also emails get lost in transit and are not received.
The best thing to do is to contact us and ask us to check for you. Your Landlord Law access will be restored as soon as the renewal payment has been made.
Getting help from us
If you need our help then send a message via the green help button system.
However, note that we don't have access to your existing password as this is kept secret by the system. So we can't tell you what it is. The best thing to do is just get a new password as described above.
If you are still unable to log in, it will either be a cache issue or some other issue with your computer or system, which we will not be able to help with.
Note also that although we will usually respond quickly if we are here, we cannot provide a 24/7 support service and you may have to wait a while for a response if there is no-one in the office when you send your message.
Please, also can you use our support message system rather than ring us on the telephone. We do not provide telephone support. Support is best done via our green button messenger service.
When sending your message please be sure to give us your name and the email registered to your account as we need this to identify you on our system. If we are unable to find you on our system we will not be able to help.