If you are a Basic Level member and want to upgrade or a Business Level member wanting to downgrade - how can you do this?
Switching is now easy on Landlord Law. The process is as follows:
1 Log into the site and then go to your Member Dashboard
Then go to your My Account area. This is linked from the Members Dashboard, if you scroll down.
Click the green My Account button to go to your My Account area
2. In your My Account Area
3. On the next screen
Click the view button by the active subscription (if more than one). This will then take you to your subscriptions page.
4. On the Subscriptions page
The top part of this page is where you can cancel your membership or change your payment. However to switch, you need to scroll down until you see the 'Switch Subscription Type' button - its under the Subscription totals heading
This will take you to the switching subscriptions page.
5. Select your new subscription type
On the 'Switching subscriptions' page, you will see at the top your current subscription and payment date. Underneath are listed the switching options available for you.
Below that you will see the options set out again, with more detail - click the checkbox next to the membership type you wish to switch to (you will see that the paragraph will then turn green) and then click the orange 'Add to basket' button below.
6. Confirm your switch
After you have clicked the 'add to basket' button you will be taken to a page where you can check and confirm your switch.
For example in the image below we are switching from a Business membership to a Basic membership. The green box summarises exactly the date when your next payment will be made and how much you will be paying.
Check this carefully. Note the following points:
- If you are upgrading - this will normally involve an immediate payment to bring your subscription up to the more expensive level
- If you are downgrading - you will not receive a refund, but your renewal date will change to allow your membership period to be extended for a proportionate time
- If you have a coupon - you can use this at this stage. However this will normally only occur if we have given you a coupon for some special reason (such as to refund you for something) - Landlord Law coupons for switching are not generally available on the internet.
If you are happy with the switching information, click the 'Proceed to checkout' button.
7. Checkout and emails
On the checkout page you will, if a payment is due, need to give your payment details in the normal way. Otherwise just click the terms and conditions checkbox and the 'Sign up now' button.
You should then received one of our system emails confirming your switch.
And that's it!
The process is fairly straightforward but if you have any problems, feel free to contact us via the green button on site messaging system.