When a Prospect Bounces, Unsubscribes, or marks one of your emails as Spam, our system flags the Prospect Profile and will not attempt to email them again. The Prospect is also added to a Global Do Not Email list. When they are on this List, you may see a Block warning on the Prospect Profile.
When a Prospect is Blocked, we will not send them emails from our Email Marketing. However, Sales Enablement (1:1) emails are not affected as they are sent from your email server and not our system.
When could I see this warning?
Typically we will show the Prospect as Bounced or Unsubscribed rather than Blocked. However, there are a few situations in which you might see the Block flag instead. For a record to be marked Blocked, the following must happen:
- The Prospect is sent an email.
- The Prospect Bounces/Unsubscribes/Marks Spam.
- The Prospect record is deleted.
Even though the Prospect record is deleted, their email address remains on the Global Do Not Email list. If a new record is created using the same email address, the new record is Blocked. The new record could be created through:
- The Prospect filling out a web form.
- The Prospect converting on Trackable Content or a video.
- The Prospect syncing from your CRM.
- A user uploading a list of emails.
- A third-party API adding the Prospect.