The Lean Library Extension helps you to access academic materials seamlessly. Your institution's librarians have already configured the extension so that you can get the most out of Lean Library.
With the Notifications and Integrations settings, you can now customise the extension’s behaviour so that you can decide where you need it and where you don't need the extension’s assistance.
Please click the Settings button on the top right corner of the extension, then scroll down to find Notifications and Integrations settings.
Under the Notifications settings, these are the configuration that your library has already set up for you. Under the Integrations settings, these are our trusted partners who provide you an enhanced functionality within your research workflow.
You can customise your preference on how these pop-up notifications behave in this Setting page. Your saved settings will be reset if you uninstall and reinstall the extension, as we do not save any personal information with the settings.
How does it work?
Decide what type of pop-up you see:
If you do not wish to see certain messages pop-up on your browser from the extension, please tick this option:
Once the "Let me decide the types of messages I see" box is ticked, you'll see "Don't show me this type of message again" button on the pop-ups.
When this button is enabled, you'll then no longer see this specific pop-up on this specific website. For example, if you switch the highlighted button OFF on Jstor.com, when you next visit the site, you will no longer see this pop-up.
How to make changes of this setting?
If you'd like to manage this setting, please go back to the Extension settings, scroll down to Notifications setting and remove the highlighted setting:
Below are the definitions of each option in the extension setting:
• Institution Select: select your institute from the dropdown list.
• Preferred language: if your library has set up bilingual setting, you will be able to select your preferred language.
• Text size: an option to select the pop-up text size
• Floating button position: where you would like the Lean Library floating button to appear
• Show timer and close extension automatically: an option which allows you to see the timer before the extension disappears
• Let me decide which sites I'll see messages on: an option to de-activate pop-up message for a website
• Automate my authentication and skip associated pop-ups: an option to get redirected straight to authentication when arriving on a domain your library has access to. Read here for more information.
• Show me the option to register for email alerts within Google Scholar search results: an option to see the Subscribe button next to the journal on Google Scholar
• When an article is found within my library’s holdings: to receive a pop-up to access the full-text article at an alternative location via your library
• When an ebook is found within my library’s holdings: to receive a pop-up to access the full-text eBooks at an alternative location via your library
• When an article has an Open Access version available: to receive a pop-up to access the full-text article at an Open Access location
• When I can request a resource via an "Inter-Library Loan" form: to receive a pop-up to request a resource via "Inter-Library Loan" form
An option for you to decide what type of message you see on the extension pop-up.
(if your institute has not activated the below, these options will not appear)
Scite.Ai: An option for you to decide where to see Scite.ai's badge. Read here for more information
Additional Library Search: An option to rearrange the Additional Library Search result order and to disable/enable the platforms that you wish to see appearing in Additional Library Search