The Lean Library Browser Extension helps you to access academic materials seamlessly. Your institution's librarians have already configured the extension so that you can get the most out of Lean Library.
With the Advanced Extension settings, you can now customise the extension’s behaviour so that you can decide where you need it and where you don't need the extension’s assistance.
To customise the extension, please click the Settings button on the top right corner of the extension:
Once you have clicked the Settings button, please select Advanced Settings:
You can now customise the extension settings. Your saved settings will be reset if you uninstall and reinstall the extension, as we do not save any personal information with the settings.
How does it work?
Decide what type of pop-up to see:
If you do not wish to see certain messages pop-up on your browser from the extension, please tick this option:
Once the "Let me decide the types of messages I see" box is ticked, you'll see "Don't show me this type of message again" button on the pop-ups, whilst you're researching and browsing online as usual.
When this button is clicked, you'll no longer see this specific pop-up on this specific website. For example, if you were to disable the "Get Access" pop-up on jstor.com, these are the steps to do so:
If you'd like to manage this setting, please go back to the Advanced Extension settings page and delete it:
Rearrange the Additional Library Search result order
(only applicable if you library has subscribed to this feature)
If you are a Lean Library Futures user, your library is likely to have Additional Library Search enabled on Google and Google Scholar. This feature pulls the discovery search results from your library and other platforms that were enabled by your library:
With Advanced Setting, you can rearrange and disable/enable the platforms that you wish to see appearing in Additional Library Search:
Below are explanations of each option in Advanced settings:
General Extension Behaviours
• Automate my authentication and skip associated pop-ups: an option to get redirected straight to authentication when arriving on a domain your library has access to. Read here for more information.
• Show timer, when extension will close automatically: an option which allows you to see the timer before the extension disappears
• Show me the "Subscribe" button within Google Scholar search results: an option to see the Subscribe button next to the journal on Google Scholar
• Enable Full-Text article alternatives: to receive a pop-up to access the full-text article at an alternative location via your library
• Enable Full-Text eBook alternatives: to receive a pop-up to access the full-text eBooks at an alternative location via your library
• Enable Open Access alternatives: to receive a pop-up to access the full-text article at an Open Access location
Pop-up Message Preference
An option for you to see "Don't show me these messages on this site again" on the extension pop-up.
Partner Integrations (if your institute has not activated the below, these options will not appear)
Scite.Ai: An option for you to decide where to see Scite.ai's badge. Read here for more information
Additional Library Search: An option to rearrange the Additional Library Search result order and to disable/enable the platforms that you wish to see appearing in Additional Library Search
Zotero: The option to enable/disable Zotero integration. You can also login to Zotero and access Zotero Reading List via Advanced Setting too. Read here for more information.