When creating Events (in-person Lessonly training), a Zoom meeting is able to be generated where learners can easily access from the Lessonly platform.
How to Install Zoom + Events
To enable Zoom with Lessonly, follow the steps below:
1. Select the gear icon in the upper-right corner of Lessonly and select Settings.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the My Account tab.
3. Select Connect under the Zoom section:
4. You will be directed to Zoom to sign in and authorize Lessonly to access your Zoom account.
5. Confirm the permissions needed and click Authorize.
6. You will then be redirected to the My Account tab within Lessonly with a confirmation message that Zoom has been enabled:
7. Your Zoom for Lessonly setup is now complete!
Using Zoom with Lessonly Events
Once Zoom has been enabled, the option to set the location of your Lessonly Event as a Zoom meeting will be available.
1. To get started, first select Events and select the New Event button:
2. On the New Event screen in the Location section, select the Zoom Meeting option:
Important Note: If you have not yet enabled the Zoom integration, you will see an option to Connect to Zoom. You will want to follow the steps above to integrate Zoom with Lessonly.
3. Once all event details have been populated (Event Name, Date, Time, Location), then select the Create Event and Zoom Meeting button.
4. The event will be created along with a Zoom meeting with your default Zoom preferences:
5. Once Learners have been invited to the event, they will receive an email invitation containing the event details and Zoom meeting link:
6. Event guests will also see the Zoom meeting link on the Event Details page in Lessonly (accessible via the Events menu option, which lists all upcoming events for the Learner). Learners can join the meeting by selecting the Join Zoom Meeting button from the Event Details page. This Zoom URL will also be included in the calendar details if the Learner opts to add to calendar from this page.
If you would like to disable the Zoom for Lessonly integration, follow the steps below:
1. Login to your Zoom Account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace
2. Click Manage > Installed Apps or search for Lessonly
3. Click the Lessonly app
4. Click Uninstall
Attendance Tracking with Events + Zoom
With Attendance Tracking for an Event this will automatically track user attendance via Zoom records when the Event ends. If your integration was setup before Attendance Tracking with Zoom was released (08/24), you will need to refresh the integration, as we request some additional user data from Zoom to be able to complete the attendance tracking. Follow the steps below:
Select the cog icon in the upper-right corner of Lessonly and select Settings
Scroll to the bottom of the My Account tab
Click Refresh Connection under the Zoom section
Verify Attendance Tracking on Create Event
The Create Event form will display some guiding text when attendance tracking has been enabled.
Select + New Event from the Events page to display the form
Enter your Event details and select Zoom Meeting under the Video Conference section
If you do not see the Automated Attendance Tracking text in this section, reach out to your Account Manager or Support to enable the feature.
Note: You must have a Pro Zoom Account or higher (no Basic accounts) to use the attendance tracking feature. This is a Zoom restriction.
How it Works
A few minutes after the Zoom meeting associated with your Event ends (not the Lessonly Event end time itself), Lessonly will receive a message from Zoom with the list of meeting attendees. When the email for a Zoom account matches any user under your company, Lessonly marks that user as Attended.
There are 2 other possible attendance values:
When a user on the guest list replied Accepted to the Event RSVP, but their email was not located in the Zoom list, that user will be marked Unconfirmed.
When a user on the guest list either did not RSVP, or RSVP'd Declined to the Event and their email was not located in the Zoom list, that user will be marked Did Not Attend.
Note: If any user does not have an email address associated with their Lessonly account, attendance tracking will not work (ie. companies with username-only users).
Once attendance has been pulled from Zoom, you will see values in the Attendance column. As the event creator, or with access to edit the event, you will be able to override those values manually.
Select the Arrow icon next to the attendance value you want to change.
Select the relevant attendance value.
The new attendance value will be displayed.
Retry Attendance Fetch
In some rare instances, the Zoom meeting and Lessonly Event may end without properly updating the attendance values. If this scenario occurs, a Retry link will display above the guest section:
Click the Retry link to manually trigger an attendance fetch to Zoom.
Note: This feature is only available to the user who created the Zoom meeting. This is in accordance with Zoom's security guidelines.
1. Can I use this integration with a free Zoom account?
Yes, you can use the Zoom with Lessonly integration, but keep in mind that meeting length and user caps for a free account will apply to meetings created for your Lessonly Events.
2. Does Zoom for Lessonly support webinars?
At the moment, we are limited to Zoom meetings only.
3. How do I adjust my meeting settings?
We create meetings with your default Zoom settings. To update meeting settings, log in to your Zoom account and update your default preferences.
4. Why isn’t attendance being updated after my event concludes?
We are currently working on building out the attendance tracking features. Coming soon!
5. When attempting to install the Zoom integration, I received a message that says "You cannot authorize the app. It requires pre-approval by your account admin." What do I do?
This means that your company's Zoom account settings require the account admin to authorize new apps before they can be downloaded. Zoom account admins can choose to do this on a one-off basis, or they can "pre-approve" the Lessonly app via the steps below, which will allow any user under the account to download the Lessonly app:
Sign in to the Zoom Marketplace as the Zoom account admin
Search for the Lessonly app and click the Lessonly icon to select it.
Click the "Pre-approve" status toggle in the top right to pre-approve the app for all account users
If you have any further questions or concerns in regards to this functionality, please reach out to Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat in with on our agents during the hours of 8am EST - 8pm EST.