Library of Things offers a treasure box of useful and joyful Things available to borrow at affordable prices from community spaces. We are not a professional hire shop.
We want to make borrowing fair, friendly and fun – without hidden catches and sneaky small print.
That’s why it’s important that all our borrowers agree to these 5 simple rules of borrowing – to make borrowing a safe, enjoyable experience for everyone:
- Bring the Thing back clean. So it's ready for the next borrower to use.
- Bring the Thing back on time. So the next borrower isn't kept waiting.
- Learn to use the Things properly by reading our how-to guides (linked via on the item descriptions, or physically with the Thing), watching YouTube videos (browse our playlist) or asking a volunteer Host if there's one on shift.
- Tell us about any damages immediately so we know the Thing is safe for the next borrower.
- Share your feedback, stories & ideas so we can keep improving Library of Things for future borrowers.