Bulk Update Assets
Bulk updating your assets allows you to quickly add or update both new assets and asset information fields along with updating existing data. When updating your assets it is always good to download and keep a copy of your existing data as a backup.
Follow the steps below to update your Assets:
1. On Manage Assets click Bulk Actions and then Update Assets
2. The Bulk Update screen will show. Click "List of Assets" to download your current list of Assets to Excel.
Note: It is good practice to create a copy of this file as a backup before you make any new changes.
3. Open the spreadsheet to modify any of your information fields. Any existing data that is changed will be updated and any new data that is added will be created on import.
There are a few important notes when editing data in excel:
a. Be sure to not change the Column Names or this will create a new field. If you create a new column, the Field will be created on the Asset if there is a new value in that row.
b. When updating Assets in the spreadsheet, the system will look for the Asset Name or Asset ID to update and compare the columns and rows in the spreadsheet to the data in Limble. If there are no differences, no changes will be made.
c. You may wish to delete all of the columns that you do not want to make updates on. This is a good practice that will help to ensure you do not accidentally delete or add data from a row that you did not intend to. If you delete a column in the spreadsheet, that data will not be deleted or changed when you upload the file. This is the same for the Assets. You may wish to filter out only the Assets that you want to update. You may delete these from the spreadsheet and they will not be affected. If you delete a value for an asset that had one, that field will be updated to blank on import.
d. During a Bulk Update, you may also want to update the Parts or Vendors that are associated with that Asset. You can use the Manually Associated Parts and Manually Associated Vendor Columns to create these associations by entering in the Part or Vendor Name.
Below are the updated values entered for the Category Field.
4. Once you Upload your spreadsheet Limble will show you how many Assets will be Added or Updated. Click on the blue text to show a list of Assets.
5. Review the changes by hovering over the "?" icon to see which fields and values will be updated. Once you are satisfied with the updates, Click Confirm to Upload the changes.
Note: This list will show all of the assets that are included in the spreadsheet and the fields and values that they will now have, even if no changes are made.