The conversion dashboard, or email conversion dashboard, displays vital performance metrics and overall email revenue generated. Using the period comparison tool, you can compare revenue from two separate date ranges. You can also see more specific revenue related metrics, such as visits, conversions, conversion rate, and average order value. To navigate to the conversion dashboard:
- Navigate from the home menu to Solutions.
- Go to Conversion Dashboard.
ENABLING CONVERSION ANALYTICS
NOTE: If you do not see the option to enable tracking, contact your account manager or the Listrak Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have multiple lists, these settings must be applied to each list. To activate conversion tracking, which will populate the conversion dashboard:
- Navigate from the home menu to Manage.
- Go to Lists.
- Then List Settings.
- Select "Yes" to the option Enable Listrak Conversion Analytics tracking?
PERIOD COMPARISON TOOL
You can easily compare the overall revenue performance of two separate time periods:
- Select a predetermined time frame from the drop-down menu (i.e. This Month, Last 7 Days, Today) to use as a starting point for your comparison OR select a custom time frame using the Start and End date fields. You can use the calendar pop-up to select dates by clicking the calendar icon.
- Select the time period for comparison:
- None: no time period to compare against; you only want to view one date range.
- Previous Period: the exact previous number of days as the time period.
For Example: Your initial date range is the month of May, which contains 31 days. Using previous period will compare the month of May against the 31 days prior to May 1.
- Previous Year: compares the current date range to the previous year's date range.
3. Select the appropriate Merchant.
NOTE: You may have different merchants listed if you are using one Listrak account for multiple domains. For example: StyleCo-Men.com and StyleCo-Women.com
Recommender Revenue: You can compare revenue from the Recommender solution separately by clicking the Recommender icon in the top right-hand corner of the graph. Recommendations can be used in conjunction with other solutions, so breaking out this revenue can be helpful when evaluating performance.
NOTE: If you are looking at one date range only, both conversions and Recommender conversions will be displayed. If you are doing a comparison, you'll only see one at a time, but can toggle back and forth between views.
REVENUE BY MESSAGE TYPE
The revenue by message type chart displays revenue generated by message type: broadcast, triggered, or transactional. You can use the time period comparison feature as well for this chart.
- Broadcast: marketing/"other" campaigns
- Triggered: shopping cart abandonment and other automated campaigns
- Transactional: order confirmations and other transaction-based messages
The revenue breakdown displays the total dollar amounts generated by each Listrak module or solution. An additional column displays the portion of the total that was generated by Recommender. To see the revenue performance for an individual solution (welcome series, for example) click the drill-down magnifying glass icon.
Revenue breakdown using a single date range:
The revenue breakdown reflects the period comparison when two date ranges are selected. The top number shows the revenue from the initial date range while the bottom (light gray) number reflects the revenue from the comparison time period.
The percentage change from the initial to the comparison time period appears to the right of the revenue amounts and is green when positive and red when negative.
Revenue Breakdown comparing two date ranges:
The overview section provides you with a high-level glance at key performance metrics for all of your solutions combined. You can click the magnifying glass icon under the revenue breakdown to see a high-level overview of individual modules or solutions.
- Visits: how many times someone clicked through your email and visited your website. Now, there are some unique rules applied when calculating this metric that you should know. The same person can click through to your site via two different emails and this will be counted as two visits. That same person could click through one email to your site two times, and that would only count for one visit. In other words, visits are limited to one per message. Also, visits can fall outside of the date range you've set, since a person could visit the site within your selected time frame even though the message was sent before your timeframe. Because this is a fairly regular occurrence, we factor in those numbers so that everything evens out in the end.
- Conversions: how many people clicked through your email and then made a purchase from your site
- Conversion Rate (%): calculated by dividing the number of conversions by the number of visits
- Average Order: the average of all conversions during a given time frame
The message details section displays revenue and key performance metrics by campaign, version, and individual message.
- Campaign: the highest level of message categorization
- Version: a sub-grouping of messages within a campaign
- Message: the subject line of the actual message itself
FEATURES TO NOTE
- Collapse All: collapses the list to show only the top level (Campaigns)
- Expand All: expands the list to show all levels (Campaigns, Version, Message)
- Hide messages with no conversion: hide messages that have not generated any revenue during the selected timeframe
- Collapse Icon: click this to roll up your information one level
- Expand Icon: click this to drill down your information one level
- Underlined Numbers: click any underlined number to drill down further into the data
For Example: Drilling further into the conversions (CONV.) metric leads you to a more detailed view of what each customer has purchased.
- Export Icon: click this to download and Excel .xlsx file to your computer. Select from the following report options:
- Campaign View: a higher level look at performance by campaign and message
- Detailed View: order details attributed to the specific message sends
MESSAGE DETAIL METRICS
- Visits: how many people received your email and clicked through to your site (where Listrak code is installed)
- Conversions: how many people clicked through your email and then made a purchase from your site. If you click on the conversion number underlined in green, you can see the exact orders that were made that were attributed as conversions. This is also available as a download.
- Conversion Rate: calculated by dividing the number of conversions by the number of visits
- Revenue: dollar amount generated by email sent
- Recommender: revenue will be attributed to recommender and display in this column only when a purchase is made directly from a click inside a merchandise block.
NOTE: Recommender revenue is broken out from the overall total and is already included in the revenue column.
- AOV: average order value, or the average of all conversions during a given time frame
MESSAGE DETAILS EXPORT OPTION
While on the conversion dashboard, you can download the conversion order details right from the dashboard.
- Click the Export icon.
- When you click on the export icon, you will be given two options:
- Campaign View: Campaign view is the same report that the conversion dashboard would typically export. You'll see a synopsis of how each message performed, along with conversion rates and revenue; You would not, however, see the order information that you would typically receive in a detailed view report.
- Detailed View: By selecting the detailed view, you'll get a download of the order details that were attributed to a specific message send.
The below example shows an order detail report.
Please note you may notice the private.listrak.com email address appear in the Conversion Dashboard Detail Report. You are not able to drill into these email addresses any further. Click here for more information.