When creating segmentation fields for contacts on your list, you have the option of choosing from various data types. Below is a listing of the data types you can choose from, along with descriptions and examples of those types.
- Text: This field has a limit of 255 characters and is used for entering text characters.
- Numeric: This field also has a limit of 255 characters and is used for entering numeric characters.
NOTE: You can only enter whole numbers (1, 3, 23, 72, etc.). The field will not allow for decimals (1.5, 73.9, etc.).
- Radio Button: This data type allows you to give contacts several options from which make one selection. They may only select one of the options you list. This is used when you only have specific selections to be made. In the example below, a customer could never be both of these customer types, they could only ever be one. If a customer could be in multiple customer types, we would have needed to use a checkbox.
- Checkbox: This data type also allows you to give contacts several options from which to make a selection. Unlike the radio button option, checkboxes allow the contact to select more than one items from the list.
- Comment Area: This data type can be used for larger amounts of text, such as a comments section. There is a 255 character limit. For larger amounts of text or HTML, use a contact content block.
- Date: This data type gives you a character field in which you can enter a date in numeric. It also comes with a calendar icon feature to click-to-select the desired date.
- Contact Content Block: This data type can be used for large quantities of text or HTML that surpass the 255 character limit. There is no character limit applied to this data type.