You can subscribe to the Livingtree calendar from an existing calendaring program, including Outlook, iCal, and Google Calendar (NOTE: It’s not a true sync - you can pull your Livingtree calendar into your external calendar, but not vice-versa). If you want to add your Livingtree calendar to an external calendar including Outlook, iCal, and Google Calendar, just follow the steps below. Once your calendar is synced with Livingtree, all of your Livingtree events will feed into your other calendaring program. If you RSVP 'No' to an event in Livingtree, the event will no longer show in your outside calendar.
- Click the subscribe icon found at the top right of the calendar page above '+ Event' to begin.
- Click the 'Subscribe by clicking here' link (iCal or Outlook), or copy the url in the pop up window that appears after you click the subscribe button (Google Calendar). Any attachments to events will not pull through to external calendars.
WARNING: Anyone who obtains the link will be able to view all event details associated with your Livingtree calendar. If you feel your address has been compromised, click the 'Generate New URL' button and repeat the subscription process detailed below.
- If you clicked the 'Subscribe by clicking here' link (iCal or Outlook), your calendar subscription process will start automatically. If not, take the copied url and paste it into the calendar program you plan to utilize (i.e., Google Calendar). Below are instructions for iCal, Google Calendar, and Outlook.
- If you clicked the 'Subscribe by clicking here' link, your calendar subscription process will start automatically. You will be prompted to 'Subscribe' or 'Cancel', select 'Subscribe' and you are all done.
- If you had problems clicking the link, and starting the subscription process automatically, you can copy the link and proceed manually in iCal. To do this simply choose 'Subscribe' from the 'Calendar' menu.
- Paste the copied the URL from Livingtree.
- Check the 'Refresh' checkbox to have iCal automatically update your copy of the calendar when your group or organization publishes updates.
- Click the 'Subscribe' button.
- You’re done. iCal adds the schedule to your Calendars list and places a curved arrow next to it. Double-click the name if you’d like to change it. Note, you can’t make other changes to subscription calendars.
- Click the down-arrow next to Other calendars.
- Select Add by URL from the menu.
- Paste the copied URL from Livingtree.
- Click the Add Calendar button. The calendar will appear in the Other Calendars section of the calendar list to the left.
- Click the link for the Internet Calendar Subscription. You might be prompted to acknowledge that you are opening a hyperlink. You should click "Yes."
- At the prompt, add this Internet Calendar to Outlook, subscribe to updates, and click "Yes".
- The Internet Calendar opens in side-by-side view in the Outlook Calendar and is added to the Navigation Pane in Calendar view under Other Calendars. The calendar will check periodically for any updates made by the calendar publisher.
If you would like to subscribe to your Livingtree calendar from your iPhone, follow the instructions below.
- Open your Livingtree app and tap 'More' in the bottom-left corner.
- Tap 'Preferences.'
- Select 'Subscribe to Livingtree Calendar'. That's it! Your Livingtree events will immediately appear in your iPhone calendar.