If you are creating a new campaign and you think that you will be using the same content (IE - text, images, videos, etc) to publish a similar campaign at a later date, you can create a "Campaign Template."
Campaign templates can help save time when, particularly when you know that the cause for the fundraising will be the same or similar in nature in the future (IE - an annual fun run, quarterly bake sale, etc).
Note: Campaign templates can only be created from a campaign that is "Draft" status. These include:
-Campaigns that are in the process of being created, but not yet published, and have been saved as a draft
-Active and published campaigns that have been "pulled" from active status and have been saved as a draft (no longer published)
-Campaigns that were completed (IE - campaign's end date reached) and have been "Archived." From archived status, the campaign has been edited and has been saved as a draft.
Saving a campaign template when creating a new campaign
- Proceed to create a new campaign in the normal manner using the campaign wizard.
- You must first save the campaign as a draft - After you have added all the information (text, images, videos, etc) to your campaign, click the "Save As Draft" option on Step #4 of pulldown menu at the bottom (see screenshot).
3. Your campaign should now be saved as a draft. You should be able to go to the "My Drafts" section to access it. Click on cog icon at the top right of your campaign. Then select "Edit" to review the campaign to make sure it has the right text, images, etc.
Then on Step #4 of the campaign wizard, within the pulldown menu at the bottom center, choose the "Save As Template" option.
This campaign should now be saved in the "My Templates" section within Fundraising. See the screenshot below. Note that the campaign will be saved under the campaign category that was initially selected during campaign creation.
Saving a campaign template from a completed campaign
- If you want to create a template from a completed campaign, within "Completed Campaigns," click on the cog icon on the campaign. Then click "Edit" to review the campaign to make sure it has the right text, images, etc.
- Then, go to step 4 in the campaign wizard. Click on the drop-down menu at the bottom-center of the page, and select "Save as Template"
To use the template, you can either:
A) Go to "My Templates" (as mentioned above), select the particular template that you saved and proceed to edit and publish your campaign.
B) Proceed to create a new campaign from Step #1 of the campaign wizard (see screenshot below), and select the particular template from the "My Templates" section on the pull-down list. The campaign title, details, images, etc will all populate and now you can proceed to edit and publish your campaign.
Creating a template from an Archived campaign
Archived campaigns can be made into templates using the same method explained in the above section titled "Saving a campaign template when creating a new campaign".
Simply go to the "Archive" section and click on the cog icon. After clicking on "Edit and Publish", go to Step 4 of the campaign wizard and select "Save as Template" in the drop-down menu at the bottom center of the page.
Note: Archived campaigns can be saved into draft status, and then a campaign template can be created from it. However, historical transaction data of that archived campaign will be LOST if the template is used and ultimately published. The archived campaign will not be duplicated.