To enable the PayPal Payment Collection Option to be able to receive inbound donations from your online fundraisers, you must first "link" your PayPal account to your Livingtree Give account.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST COMPLETE BOTH OF THE FOLLOWING 2 STEPS in order to successfully "link" your PayPal account to your Livingtree Give account. Also, the same PayPal account must be used for both steps 1 and 2.
STEP 1: Authorize Your PayPal Account with Livingtree Give
A) Login to your Livingtree Give account to initiate link with PayPal
After logging into your Livingtree Give account:
- Click the "Settings" tab on the left
- Click the "Manage PayPal Settings" tab at the top
- Click the blue "Connect" button in the center
You are then routed to a "Get started" PayPal page:
- Enter your email address associated with your PayPal account. If you do not have a PayPal account, you will be able to Sign Up for an account on the next page
- Click the "Next" button
You are routed to a second PayPal page where you can now Log In or Sign Up:
- Enter your email address and password associated with your PayPal account
- Click the "Log In" button
Note: You must have a PayPal business account in order to be able to collect payments via Livingtree Give campaigns > PayPal.
If you do not have a PayPal account, click the Sign Up button at the bottom, then follow the prompts to sign up for a PayPal account. If you have questions or problems setting up your account, please call PayPal support directly at 888-221-1161. You can also refer to PayPal's FAQs to help with any questions you might have: https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/home
B) Authorize and Link your Livingtree Give account to your PayPal account
You are routed to a PayPal page confirming your successful authorization (link) to your Livingtree Give account.
Note: The message states that you've authorized "Edbacker Inc" vs Livingtree Give, which is correct (on our website, "Edbacker Inc" will be changed to Livingtree Give soon).
- Click the "Go back to Edbacker Inc" blue button. Do not click the "Continue to Paypal setup" button, as you will be routed to your online PayPal account dashboard.
STEP 2: Accept the Fee Agreement
Now that you have linked your PayPal account in Step 1, you must now complete Step 2, which is to accept the fee agreement.
You are now routed back to the PayPal login page titled "Pay with PayPal."
- You must login again, using your same PayPal login credentials from step 1
- Click the "Log In" button
You are now routed to a PayPal screen displaying any and all bank, credit card (including PayPal credit) that you had previously linked to your PayPal account.
- From the list, select which account fees should be deducted. NOTE: By selecting the bank/credit card account here, you are authorizing all Livingtree Give per-transaction fees to be deducted from that selected account. NOTE: YOU ALSO HAVE THE OPTION TO HAVE FEES DEDUCTED FROM YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT'S BALANCE. In order for this to be set up, you MUST contact PayPal directly so they can configure this for you. Click here for PayPal's support line.
- Click the "Continue" button
Next, you are routed to a page, reviewing the credit, debit or checking account that you have selected from where per-transaction fees will be withdrawn. To change your selection, click the "Change" link. Click the "PayPal Policies" link to review PayPal payment policies (IE - payment method rights, etc).
- Click the blue "Agree & Continue" button at the bottom to accept the agreement.
You are now routed back to the "Manage PayPal Payment" tab.
Your Livingtree Give account is now linked/fee agreement accepted. All inbound donations to your online campaigns will now be collected in your PayPal account.
Your PayPal merchant ID is displayed here.
To disconnect your PayPal account from your Livingtree Give account at any time, click the "disconnect" button.
If you have any questions or issues, please email us at email@example.com