Everyone’s situation is a little different, and each mortgage lender will have a more detailed guide, but these items are commonly required for pre-approval.
- Residential address – past 2 years
- Landlord names and addresses (for renters) – past 2 years if you rented during that time.
Employment & Income History
- Paycheck stubs – past 30 days (needs to include bonuses/commission & year to date income)
- W-2 or 1099 forms – past 2 years
- Complete tax returns – past 2 years
- Self Employed – year-to-date profit and loss statements & business tax returns
- Bank statements – all pages, all checking & savings accounts
- Investment account statements – including retirement
- Real estate holdings
Divorced or Separated
- Divorce petition and/or separation agreement
Related post on our blog: The difference between pre-approval and pre-qualified.