What are the benefits of targeted SMS marketing?
Not a very frequent marketing channel, but SMS campaiging has many advantages, many recall the well known advantages of the online environment.
- SMS allows a direct, targeted communication, like in on-line
- The ability to target campaigns to specific locations
- High flexibility for reaching a last-minute offers
- SMS allows you to increase traffic if it is low because execution is very fast
- Posibbelity effective communication with existing customers
- SMS can receive almost every phone and nearly every user is able to work with SMS
- SMS channel is very convenient also cost
And why is SMS marketing so effective?
Here are some statistics about the SMS messages that speak for themselves:
- SMS opens up to 98% of respondents, while email only less than 20%
- The recipient SMS message, usually read SMS message 5 minutes from the time of delivery
- A large majority of e mail is spam, while SMS is just a very small percentage
- To offer with call-to-action for example through SMS coupon in response usually at least 10-15% of respondents, while for direct mail or email campaigns, it is only 1-3%.
Why should companies add text message to their marketing mix?
For who is the best SMS marketing?
SMS marketing has proved very effective tool in a variety of retail operations, services (restaurants, cafes, cinema and hairdresser), but also in the financial sector and tourism.