There are a few steps that your recipients/downloaders can take to help them avoid download issues and maximize performance.
These steps include:
- Turn off the sleep function on your computer.
- Use a hard-wired internet connection instead of a wifi connection.
- Use the latest versions of Chrome or Firefox
- Make sure your computer is plugged-in to a power source.
- Make sure you have enough disk space for the file you're receiving.
- Make sure you are not performing compute intensive tasks like rendering a video while you are downloading.
- Do NOT use any third party unzipping tools. MASV zips only work with the default Mac Archive utility or default Windows unzipping utility.
Your recipients can still download files without taking the above steps, but if they don't configure their system properly it may lead to a download not completing.