Patient/Parent/Substitute Decision Maker and Lawyers Requests
An administrative fee of $30.00 shall apply to all of the above listed requestors. This includes an initial set amount for photocopying and/or printing of a record and shall include pages 1 - 20. This fee may also be charged when a search does not yield a return of a patient’s record.
HST will be applied to all release of information requests for Canadian customers.
The fee amount that may be charged to an individual shall not exceed $30.00 for any of the following;
- Receipt and clarification, if necessary, of a request for a record.
- Providing an estimate.
- Locating and retrieving.
- Reviewing of a record for not more than 15 minutes.
- Preparation of a response letter to an individual.
- Preparation of a record for photocopying, printing or electronic transmission.
- Packaging of the photocopied or printed copy of the record for shipping or faxing.
- If electronically stored, transmitting a copy of the electronic record instead of printing a copy.
- Supervising an individual during examination of original record for not more than 15 minutes.
The following additional fees may be charged on top of the $30.00 fee as indicated above:
Additional Fees not indicated above:
** The enclosed fee schedule is an interpretation of the IPC recommendations which can be found in full here. The interpretations are provided by UHN and the Toronto Central LHIN.