Learn how to setup and use the Mikme Microphone as an external USB microphone with your computer.
1 – Power on your Mikme Microphone
- Make sure you're NOT connected to your computer or via Bluetooth to the Mikme App.
2 – Connect the Mikme via USB
- Take a micro USB cable & connect the Mikme Microphone with your computer (Mac, Windows or Linux).
- If top LED of the Mikme becomes light blue/turquoise, your Mikme is the USB microphone mode.
3 – Choose Mikme as external microphone
- Now you can select the Mikme as external USB Microphone input in you computer settings or within the software you want to use it with.
4 – Set the gain
- You can change the gain of the Mikme if you tap and hold the top button till its top LED turns pink.
- Use the +/- buttons to adjust the gain until it fits your recording settings. To reduce the gain, press – until the top LED stops flashing. Learn more about the gain setting here.
- Tap the top button again to save gain and the top LED will become turquoise again
5 – Done? Disconnect the Mikme
- Eject the Mikme, remove the USB cable or turn off the Mikme to leave the USB Microphone mode.
Good to know!
If Mikme is in USB Microphone mode it uses a fixed samplerate of 48kHz with 24 Bits and acts as a mono audio input for your computer.
The Mikme team