What is a Call Queue?
A call queue, also known as a virtual queue, is a virtual line that callers fall into when they call a business, but an agent isn't immediately available.
Once an agent becomes available, the next caller in line will be automatically assigned to the agent.
How to create a Call Queue
Below is Mteja's Genius interface, showing just how easy it is to set up a new call queue.
Select call queues from the cloud call center
2. Click on the Create button
3. Key in the name and description, then click on the configure button
4. Indicate how callers should be routed in the call queue.
a) Indicate the welcoming message when a caller is introduced into the queue, this is an optional step.
c) Indicate the queue music audio, this is optional. If not set up a default call queue music will be played when callers are awaiting to be served.
d) Indicate the Online wait time the caller should stay on the queue before the call is disconnected while they are waiting for an agent. This is optional, and should only be set up if an offline number has been set up.
e) Indicate the minutes a call should ring for each agent on the Call Originate wait time before being transferred to an agent.
f) Set up the call routing rules, this determines the number of calls each agent should receive; in a day, week or month.
5. Click on the ADD OFFLINE NUMBER button, to add a number that should receive a call if the call exhausts the minutes it can be in a queue
Indicate calling number
6. Click SAVE to complete the process
6. Add agents who should receive calls from the call queue
a) Select the agents button
b Select the Add Agent button
d) Select the agents to be added
e) Click the ADD button
Click this guide article to see how to add the call queues to your call centre.