WHAT IS A ZOOM MEETING?
On Namastream we call Zoom "meetings" group collaborative live-streams. In this type of live-stream, you are able to work with a group of students where everyone can see and hear each other. This works well for yoga teacher training or other group work where you want your participants to interact with each other.
You must have a paid Zoom account to use the group collaborative live-stream function. Your participant limit is 100 with the Pro plan and you are able to increase that number by purchasing add-ons from Zoom.
If you do not want the participants visible during the live-stream, you will want to create a "broadcast" or webinar style of live-stream. Learn more about Zoom webinars here.
INTEGRATING WITH ZOOM
We chose to integrate Zoom for our teacher's group collaborative sessions because they are the industry leaders with video conferencing. Before you can set up a group collaborative live-stream, you must integrate your Namastream site with your paid Zoom account. How to do this is explained in this article.
HOW TO CREATE A GROUP LIVE-STREAM
You can add a group collaborative live-stream event to any Namastream product type (memberships or courses) You simply, create and schedule the live-stream inside your product. And when it's time to go live, you initiate the live-stream from your calendar.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to create and start a group collaborative live-stream event.
1) Go to “Calendar” and select “Add Event”.
2) Fill in the fields for this event including:
- the product you wish to have the event for
3) Under "Event Type", select "Collaborative Group Event".
4) Set the "date", "start-time", and "duration" of the live-stream. Check the box if you want the event to repeat and select the "day" and the "repeats until" date.
HOW TO START THE LIVE-STREAM
When you are ready to live-stream, you need to initiate the live-stream.
1) Make sure you are logged into your Zoom account.
2) Go to your "Calendar" tab in your teacher account.
3) In your calendar, click on the live-stream session, you want to initiate.
4) Once you click on the live-stream session, you will see the pop-up shown below. When you click the blue button "Start Zoom Session", live-streaming will begin so be camera ready!
HOW TO END THE SESSION
To end the session, you can click "End Meeting" in the bottom right-hand corner of the Zoom window. When you return to your Namastream site, you will see this window. Please click on "End Zoom Session".
Contact Us 🧡
For any questions reach out to us in our live chat or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂