The Tip Jar is a site-wide option that allows visitors to send tips or donations. Enabling the Tip Jar will add new tipping options to your site. You can also promote your Tip Jar page through your other social pages.
This article is broken into the following sections:
Tip Jar depends on using Stripe as your payment processor. PayPal support is coming soon.
Setting up your Tip Jar
1. To enable your Tip Jar go to https://app.heymarvelous.com/settings/integrations/tip-jar or click on Settings on the bottom left then Integrations on the right, then Tip Jar.
2. Click Yes on the right to enable Tip Jar.
3. The Marvelous Tip Jar displays 3 suggested tip amounts. Please enter 3 different amounts in these "jars". Please enter the amounts with the smallest number on the left (Jar 1) and the largest on the right (Jar 3). You'll see how this works in just a few moments.
Displaying the Tip Jar
Enabling the Tip jar will place two "Leave Tip" buttons to your Marvelous site. One in the header of your site and the other in the footer.
You can also copy the Tip jar link and post to your Facebook, Instagram bio, Linktree page, or even add them directly to your product or event descriptions.
Clicking on the button will open the Tip Jar with the 3 preset amounts. Visitors can also enter a custom amount too - and they don't have to be registered students to use leave you tips.
When visitors leave you tips. The money goes directly to your payment processor (any fees they charge still apply -- Marvelous doesn't charge any transaction fees).
You can see who left tips and how much they left by looking at the Orders tab in your Marvelous admin area. There's a new orders report called Tip Jar.
Disabling your Tip Jar
1. To disable your Tip Jar go to https://app.heymarvelous.com/settings/integrations/tip-jar or click on Settings on the bottom left then Integrations on the right, then Tip Jar.
2. Click No on the right to disable Tip Jar.
Contact Us 🧡
For any questions reach out to us in our live chat or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂