The Systems Configuration tab lists the settings for the Dispatcher and Mobile applications. Configurations should not be confused with permissions. Configurations define the settings for the entire organization and its users, while permissions affect individual users or user groups.
The Configuration table is divided into categories, based on configurations relevant to different sections of the Dispatcher and Mobile applications. Some examples of settings that can be configured here are default map layers, default tab for dispatch and settings used to determine whether an incident is a duplicate incident or not.
The changes you make to the configuration settings affect all users, so be careful when changing configuration settings as the changes you make affect all users who log into the Dispatcher.
Accessing System Configuration Settings
To access the system configuration settings:
- On the Dispatcher main screen, click Settings in the upper left corner.
- On the Settings page, in the Organization tab, select System Configuration.
3. Scroll to the required setting and click Edit.
4. Modify the settings as required. A description of the various settings is listed below.
5. Click Save after modifying any setting.
Description of System Configurations
The following list displays the organization configuration available in the system. Additional options may or may not appear, depending on your organization's settings.
Open and manage incident
- Limit address search results in open incident screen to city/area: Limits the address search results to a specific city/area when creating new incidents from the Dispatcher.
- Additional fields for location type address: Enables you to select the additional fields to be shown when entering an exact address as the location for a new incident in the Dispatcher. The options are: Entrance, Floor, Apartment, Name, Comments.
- Additional fields for location type roads: Enables you to select the additional fields to be shown when entering a road as the location for a new incident in the Dispatcher. The options are: Direction, Close To, Comments.
- Additional fields for location type POIs: Enables you to select the additional fields to be shown when entering a POIs as the location for a new incident in the Dispatcher. The options are: Building, Floor, Room, Comments.
- Push Retry Interval: Enables you to ammend the interval time between push notification push retrys to mobile app users.
- Default display in new dispatcher for dispatch tab view: Defines the default display of tabs in Dipatcher for new dispatch operators.
- Reserve Responders: Enables you to define the number of available responders displayed in Dispatch grid in addition to the active responders.
- Defines the range of time (in minutes) for duplicate incidents alert: Enables you to define the amount of time between incident alerts in which to determine if an incident alert is duplicated.
- Defines the radius (in meters) for location duplicate incidents alert: Enables you to define the distance between incident alerts in which to determine if an incident alert is duplicated.
- PDF Enabled: Enables your PDF functionality.
- OnScene Alert Age Seconds Threshold: Enables you to select the number of seconds required for the alert to activate.
- Filter incident addresses by country: Enables you to enter the names of the countries by which you want incident addresses filtered.
- Filter incident address by Lat/Long boundaries:
- Incident Management - Display a popup warning that the incident will be closed/cancelled: Enables you to select if you want a popup warning message to appear that an incident is about to be closed/cancelled.
- Incident Creator effect on Incident Jurisdiction: Enables you to define if the Incident Creator (Dispatcher, Reporter, SOS) will effect the Control jurisdiction over the Incident.
- Display Expanded Source columns: Enables you to select to display a wider Source column showing the full name and phone number.
- Display expanded Control column: - Enables you to select to display a wider Control column with the full name of the incident dispatcher.
Mapping and Location
- Default Map Type: Enables you to select the default map view type that appears in the Dispatcher map. The options are: Street, Hybrid, Satellite.
- Default Map Layers: Enables you to select the default map layers that appears in the Dispatcher map. The options are: Geofences, Clouds, Traffic Conditions, Overlay, Forecast, Available Users
- Ignore Cell Based Location Updates from mobiles: Enables you to select if you want to ignore cell based location updates from mobile devices.
- Organization Time Zone: Enables you to select your time zone. The options are: SAST, CLST, IST, EDT, PDT, CDT, BRT, PHT, WAT, Australian Western Standard Time (AWST), Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
- Time in minutes to determine no communication from client to server: Enables you to define the time in minutes that determines there is no communication between the client and server.
- Time in minutes to determine not reliable location of client: Enables you to define the time in minutes that determines that the locations of the client is not reliable.
- System of Measurement: Enables toy to define the unit of measurement used. The options are: metric, imperial, User dependent.
- Background image URL for Mobile SOS: The URL of the background image for the mobile SOS.
- When creating a new incident in Reporter - use POI instead of address: Select if you want to enables a Reporter to create a new incident using a POI instead of an address.
- Support Units: Enables units.
- PDF Section: The options are: Details, Callers, TimeTableusers, IncidentCommentSection, DynamicFieldsSection.
- Calculate ETA using routing: Enables the calculation of ETA to an incident.
- Completion time (in minutes) for each incident for Cumulative ETA calculation: Enables you to set a cumultaive ETA for incident completion.
- Keep Alive Interval in Minutes:
- Allow to be unavailable when active in incident: Enables users to be shown as unavailable if active in an incident.
- Mobile CMS URL: Enables you to set your organization's CMS URL.
- Default tab on Responder when on-scene: Enables you to select the default tab for Responders when they are in an On-Scene status in an incident. The options are: log, Basic Details/Checklist, Info, Form, Chat, None.
- Allow to edit Forms: Enables you to determine when a responder can edit a form. The options are: Only when on-scene, When active in incident.
- Enable Video Streaming: Enables you to define the statuses when video streaming is enabled. The options are: On-scene, Ack, En-route, Done.
- Not On-Scene Alert Meter Threshold:
- Prevent Active statuses in multiple incidents: Enables you to prevent responders from being active in more than one incident.
- Siren repeat interval (Seconds): Enables you to define the number of second between siren alerts.
- Send Push When First Responder On Scene: Enables you to define when push notifications are sent.
- Auto On-scene report sensitivity: Enables you to set automatic on-scene reporting.
- Limit address search results in mobile to city/area: Enables you to limit the address search results to a specific city/area when new incidents are created from the Mobile application.
- Show Logout Button: Enables you to define if the Logout button appears in the mobile application. Showing this button enables the mobile user to log out of the application. If the configuration isn't set, the Logout button doesn't appear and the mobile user is unable to log out.
- Update SOS incident location when user moves: Enables you to define how far (in meters) the SOS user must move before the system recommends updating the incident location.
- Interval for SOS location update pop-up: Enables you to define how often (in minutes) the SOS location update pop-up is displayed in the Dispatcher.
- Auto/Manual/Semi Auto Location Update: Enables you to define the method in which the SOS incident location is updated. The options are: Auto – automatically update location without requesting dispatcher approval (location is updated in the background), Manual – always show pop-up and ask for dispatcher approval to update the locations, Semi Auto– update location automatically but always display the notification.
- Automatic video on SOS: Enables you to define if the SOS client can send video automatically.
- Emergency Number: Enables you to define an emergency number.
- Navigate by address:
- Skip phone call in SOS activation sequence: Enables you to define if the emergency phone call is skipped when there is SOS activation.
- Automatically Dial emergency number on SOS: Enables you to define if the emergency phone number is called automatically when there is an SOS activation.
- Emergency Number for automatic dial on SOS: Enables you to enter an emergency number that would be automatically dialed when there is an SOS activation, subject to this being enables by the Automatically Dial emergency number on SOS setting.
- Activate automatic chat messages: Enables you to define if chat messages are allowed when there is an SOS activation.
- Session Expiration (Minutes), maximum Value 35790 minuted): Enables you to define the session expiration time for a logged in user based on his last active action in the system (such as open a panel, click on a linked icon etc).
- Days interval for password renewal (conditioned by Strong password config): Enables you to define the number of days interval for password renewal (conditioned by Strong password config).
- Lockout time in minutes: Enables you to define the lockout time in minutes after a login failure.
- Lockout attempts: Enables you to define the maximum number of login attempts before the system locks.
See how to update configurations in the How to Change Organization Configurations article.