When Channels (PTT) is enabled, users can communicate via voice chat (Push-to-Talk radio style) with other groups in the organization.
The system provisions a PTT channel for each group in the organization enabling group members to voice chat (and text) with each other on that channel. Dispatch operators and mobile users can also create their own group channels and start chatting with other users.
The feature is relevant only for Responder/Supervisor and Dispatcher profiles.
The PTT feature is an add-on feature. Contact NowForce Support if you want to add it to your organization.
To add the channel (PTT) permissions to a user profile:
1. In the Dispatcher screen, click Settings.
2. Click Permissions.
3. Select the profile you want to change, and click Edit, and then click Edit again to edit it's permissions.
4. If you want to add Channel (PTT) permissions to a responder/supervisor, scroll to the Responder/Supervisor section.
5. Select Use PTT Feature.
6. If you want to add Channel (PTT) permissions to a dispatcher operator, scroll to the Dispatcher section.
7. Select Use PTT Feature.
8. Click Confirm.
9. In the Settings page, click Save.
Note: If you have added the PTT permissions, but your users do not see it, your organization probably does not have this feature installed. Contact NowForce Support to add this feature to your organization.
To learn how to use the Channels (PTT) feature in Dispatcher click here
To learn how to use the Channels (PTT) feature in Responder App click here