The Units module enables organizations to link multiple users (unit members) together and manage them under one unified entity. Each individual unit inherits its attributes and behavior from the Unit Type settings (defined by the administrator) and from the settings of the specific unit.
For example, you can create a unit that would include users, vehicles, equipment specifically needed in mountain rescue. Therefore if there is an incident that involves mountain rescue, the dispatcher assigns this unit to the incident according to the Incident Dispatch Rules.
Currently the Incident is only dispatched to the Team Leader.
Enable the Support Units Feature in the Organization
You must enable the Support Unit feature before you can define units.
To enable the Support Units feature
- On the Dispatcher main screen, click Settings in the upper left corner.
- On the Settings page, in the Organization tab, select System Configuration, and scroll to the Generic section in the list of configurations.
2. Confirm that Support Units is enabled.
3. If Support Units is not enabled, click Edit.
4. Select the Support Units check box.
5. Click Save.
You define units in the Units panel.
To define units
- On the Dispatcher toolbar, click the Open Units icon or the Open Panels icon to open the Units panel.
If you clicked the Open Panels icon, you must now select Units from the dropdown list.
The Units panel opens.
Adding New Units
To add a new Unit.
1. Click Add new unit from the toolbar.
The Add new Unit window opens.
2. Enter the Unit Details as follows:
- Unit Name
- Unit Code (optional)
- Unit Type: Select from the dropdown list.
3. Click Next.
4. In the Dispatch area select if you want the unit to be dispatched by a Team leader or by a Virtual user.
5. In the Control Centers area, select the control centers in which the unit appears as well as the actions that the control center can perform (View Unit, Edit Unit Members, and Edit Unit).
6. Click Next.
7. Define how the system determins the location of the Unit by selecting Location Identifer either Team Leader of AVL from the dropdown.
Note: Contact NowForce Support for assistance for AVL installation.
8. Set the expected Movement Pattern by selecting one of the folllowing:
- Static Post - for a static unit, such as guard or guarding tower at one fixed post.
- Route - for a unit expected to follow a route of two or more locations (way-points).
- Free Movement within Geofence - for a unit or team expected to move freely as long as it doesn't exit a geofence.
Note: For each movement pattern the system allows to define thresholds (in time of distance) that will trigger alerts for units not adhering the the planned movement pattern.
10. Add Users as members to the Unit by entering the username in the Unit Member Name open field.
11. Click Save.
* The Unit will be associated with the Roles and Equipment of it's User members or directly with Equipment that the Unit is configured with.
* The Dispatcher Incident Rules will use these Unit associations for dispatching the Unit to Incidents.