Some organizations respond to Incidents in Teams or with motor vehicle. In such cases the Dispatcher can dispatch Units ,that unite Responders or motor vehicle, and not dispatch a specific User.
The Unit will be associated with the Roles and Equipment of it's User members or directly with Equipment that the Unit is configured with.
The Incident Dispatch Rules will use these Unit associations for dispatching the Unit to an Incident.
Currently the Incident will only be dispatched to the Team Leader.
The following steps are required to configure a Unit
Enable the "Support Unit" Feature in the Organization
- Click on Setup. From the drop-down list, choose Organization and then click on the Config tab
2. On Config tab, scroll down to the Generic Section and click the Edit button on "Support Units". Click on the checkbox to allow Units support on your organization and then click Save.
3. Log out of your Organization and then log back in in order to see the Units Panel on the drop-down list of available panels.
Define a Unit
- Open the Unit panel
2. Add a new Unit from the title
3. Enter the Unit name
Enter the Unit Code (Optional)
Enter the Unit Type (If none exists create a Unit type - see section 4)
4. Create a Unit type (if none exist):
Select an Icon for the Unit
Enter a name for the Unit Type (Mandatory)
Set the Maximum number of Users that can be associated with the Unit (Mandatory)
5. Configure additional settings to the Unit:
Select relevant equipment (Optional)
Select relevant Control Centers
Select Dispatch Behaviour (defines how the system determines how to dispatch the unit. By the Team Leader or Virtual User )
6. Define how the system determines the location of a unit.
Either by the Team Leader or AVL
Add members to the unit
Each time a User is associated or disassociated with a Unit (e.g. at the beginning of a work shift), this process is required.
- Select Associate members to add users to the Unit
2. Add Users as members to the Unit by entering the Username in the relevant cell.
Please notice that the number of rows correspond to the capacity size of the unit (which is configured in the Setting tab of the Unit )
*** The Unit will be associated with the Roles and Equipment of it's User members or directly with Equipment that the Unit is configured with. Thus, the Dispatcher Incident Rules will use these Unit associations for dispatching the Unit to Incidents.