Group functionality enables you to manage and control users in the system. As part of the process of creating groups, you add users (members) to the group.
For information on how groups should be structured, see Managing Groups.
To create a new group:
- From the Main screen, select Settings.
The Groups page opens.
2. Click the + sign in the upper right corner of the Groups page.
The New Group wizard opens.
3. Define the General group properties as follows:
- Group Name: The name of the new group.
- Icon: Click the icon button, and select an icon that best matches the group you have created. If you do not find a suitable icon you can upload new icons to the Icon Bank (For more information on how to use the icon Bank, see How to Add and Manage icons.)
- Group Code: (Optional) For organizations that use codes for their groups/departments.
- Assign PTT Channel: Select the check box if you want this group to have its own dedicated PTT channel. This check-box is grayed out and selected by default. In the future you will be able to decide whether you want to associate a PTT channel for the group or not.
4. Click Next.
The Members tab opens.
This tab enables you to add users as members in the group. The Add User text box acts as a filter for all the users in the system. Start typing the name of the user whom you want to add to the group. As you type, names are added to the dropdown list.
Select the user you want to add to the group.
5. In the Members text box, start typing the names of the member you want to add to the group. As you type a list of names matching the letters you have typed appears. Select the desired name.
The name is added to the list of members in the group. Repeat this procedure for all the users you want to add to the group. As you select each name, it is added to the list of members in the group.
6. Click Next.
The Control tab opens. This tab lists the control centers that have jurisdiction over this group. Currently, this tab is not editable. To can change the Control jurisdiction, from the Control Centers setting page.
For more information on control centers and how to create and edit them, click here.
7. Click Next.
The Log page opens showing a log with all the history and modifications of the group.
8. Click Finish.
The new group is added to the list of groups.