You can configure the default organizational behavior of location tracking and sharing for mobile users in the Mobile Location Tracking settings. At the Policies and Profile level you can create exceptions to your default settings.
Note: The user's license type determines whether or not sampled locations are shared with the server. For example, a Monitored Reporter license does not share locations with the server in the Routine state, while an Active Reporter license sends all sampled locations to the server.
To configure mobile location settings
- From the Main screen, select Settings > GEOGRAPHY, and select Location Settings.
The Location Settings opens:
2. In the Default Settings section configure the frequency and accuracy location sampling parameters for Android and iOS default behavior
These settings will be applied to all users in the organization depending on their current status:
- Routine - Users in the organization not currently active in an incident/SOS.
- SOS – User that has activated an SOS distress signal.
- En-Route - Responders who en-route to an incident.
- On-Scene - Responders who are on-scene at an incident.
3. Click Save in the top right hand corner of the screen.
After configuring the default location sampling behavior, you can define exceptions for tracking users who belong to specific Profiles or Policies. Exceptions can be used to change default parameter settings or to disable tracking for a policy or profile.
- Profiles - Each user has a profile that determnines their assigned licenses and permissions.
- Policies - For organizations using the Policies framework, you can define location sampling exceptions which will change the mobile app behavior every time the user's Policy changes.
To create an exception
1. In Location Settings go to the Exceptions For Routine State panel, select either +Policies or +Profiles to set an exception.
2. To configure exceptions in Policies:
a. Click + Policies.
b. To add a new mobile tracking exception for a different policy, click +Add Exception Policy to add a policy exception to the list.
In the example above, several policies are shown with exceptions.
c. In the specific policy, modify the Frequency, Accuracy and Distance parameters.
d. To turn off location tracking in a policy, toggle the Enable Tracking to the off position.
3. To set exceptions in Profiles:
a. Click the + Profiles.
b. In the Profile dropdown, select the Profile to which you want to add an exception to.
c. In the specific profile, modify the Frequency, Accuracy and Distance parameters.
d. To turn off location tracking in a profile, toggle the Enable Tracking to the off position.
4. Click Save in the top right corner of the screen.