You can configure the sampling rate and accuracy settings for Mobile app users within the Location Settings. This allows you to set parameters for your organization's sampling requirements while giving consideration to app users' mobile battery usage.
The Location Settings include Accuracy and Rate
- None - no location sampling
- Low - ~10Km accuracy
- Balanced - ~100m accuracy
- High accuracy - best accuracy (usually the device location based on GPS).
- These are the intervals between location sampling.
- Minimal sample rate (interval) is 0.17 minutes.
- Maximum interval is set by the number entered by the Admin. The application will try to sample a location at 85% of that interval time defined taking in to account several factors that tries to optimize the battery consumption and device performance.
Sampling rates and accuracy can be determined for each of the following cases:
- Routine Responder - will sample a Responder App user at this rate and accuracy when the user is not in the midst of responding to an incident.
- Routine Reporter - will sample a Reporter App user at this rate and accuracy when the user is not in the midst of responding to an incident.
- In SOS Mode - will sample a Responder/Report/SOS App user at this rate and accuracy once the user has activated the emergency SOS notification on their phone.
- En Route - will sample a Responder/Reporter App user at this rate and accuracy once the user has reported to dispatch that they are "En Route" to the scene of an incident.
- On Scene - will sample a Responder/Reporter App user at this rate and accuracy once the user has reported to dispatch that they have arrived "On Scene" to an incident.
To Configure the Location Settings
- From the Main screen, select Settings > GEOGRAPHY and then select Location Setting.
The Location Settings table opens.
2. Click the pen icon shown below to make the setting editable.
3. Using the dropdown menus select the required new settings.
4. Click the tick icon shown below to save your changes.
Note: On iOS devices, user location sampling is based on these pre-configured parameters when the application is in the foreground and when it is in the background until it has been terminated by the iOS operating system.After the iOS operating system terminated the app, the app still running in the background but it will only send locations to the servers upon a significant-change (the significant-change location service delivers updates only when there has been a significant-change in the device’s location, such as 500 meters or more).