The incident PTT channels is one of three categories in the Channels PTT VoIP module:
- The Groups channels category allows users associated in any given group to communicate with all other users in the group. In this category the groups are mostly static and change only when a user is added or removed from the group.
- The Chat channels category allows users to create and modify their own personal groups whether one-on-one or multiple users.
- In the Incidents channels category (subject of this article), the channels are constantly created and modified according to real-time dynamic developments of the Incidents.
The incident PTT channels are provisioned automatically whenever an incident participant (dispatcher, supervisor or responder) clicks on the PTT button. Users are added or removed to this designated channel automatically as they join or leave the incident. This dynamic channel remains available as long as the incident remains open and there are active responders in the incident.
Dispatchers can access an incident channel from the:
- Channels panel
- Incidents panel
- Incident Management window
Accessing an incident channel from the Channels panel
- To open the Channels panel, click the Open Panels icon in the toolbar, and select Channels.
The Channels panel opens.
2. Select the Incidents tab and chose the required incident channel.
Accessing an incident channel from the Incidents panel
- To open the Incidents panel, click the Open Panels icon in the toolbar, and select Incidents.
- In the Incidents panel, click the PTT icon in the PTT column of the relevant incident line. The Channels panel (shown above) opens directly on the selected incident channel.
Accessing an incident channel from the Incident Management window
- In the Incidents panel, click the incident with which you want to open a PTT channel.
- Click the PTT icon in the Incident Management window to open the channels panel directly on the relevant incident channel, shown above.
Note: If the channel is not active yet (i.e. no responders in active status in the incident) a pop-up message is displayed
Click the following links to learn more about: