The Details tab of the Responder app shows you the basic details of the Incident to which you have been dispatched.
These following details are shown:
- Incident number: The number of the incident in the Dispatcher application.
- Incident type: The type of incident to which you have been dispatched as defined by the dispatch operator.
- Incident address: The address where the incident occurred.
- Navigation: Enables you select one of the navigation apps on your mobile device (for example, Waze. Google maps or Apple Maps for iPhone users) to navigate to the incident. You can change the default navigation app by tapping the dropdown arrow below the default navigation app's icon.
- Responder location: the green drop-pin indicates your current location.
- Incident locations: The red drop-pin indicates the location of the incident.
- Distance and time to incident: The distance from your current location to the incident as well as the estimates time it will take you to get to the incident.
- Incident caller: The name and phone number of the caller who reported the incident> Tap the phone number to auto-dial the incident caller from your mobile device. Tap the right-arrow to open the Info tab and view more details about the caller.
- Open Chat tab: Tap right arrow to open the Chat tab and chat with the dispatch operator.
- Responder status: Shows the current status of the responder. Upon receipt of the notification, you are expected to tap the Acknowledge status, to change the status to En-route. At this time a video icon appears on the screen (to the right of the map). Tap this icon to stream live video from the scene to the dispatch operator. When you reach the scene of the incident you tap the En-route status to change it to On-Scene. Upon completion of the incident, you tap the On-Scene status to change it to Done.
Note: If you are unable to go to the incident, tap the up arrow to the right of the status button and tap Can't go so the dispatch operator can send another responder to the incident.