Form Templates are pre-configured digital documents that are associated with an incident type in order to allow responders to report relevant information from the field to the dispatcher and vice versa. You can attach one form template or more to each incident type , which will be displayed in the dispatcher and in the mobile application once an incident of that type is launched.
To create a new form in the system, the user must have the proper permission to access the system's settings. To access the settings pages, click on the 'Settings' (gear) icon in the upper left corner of the Dispatcher screen:
Chose 'Forms Editor' in the left tool bar under the Incident section:
Click the dropdown Choose Template Type. Select Incidents.
The Choose Template pane opens. A dropdown list with existing templates is available for selection.
You can now choose to create a new form in two ways:
- Creating an entirely new form
- Duplicating an existing form and editing its content
Creating an entirely new form template
To create an entirely new form, click
and give the new form template a name. To begin formatting the form, click
. To cancel the new form, click
Duplicating an existing form template and editing it's content
To create a new form by duplicating an existing form, first choose the existing form form the template dropdown menu. Next, click
and give the new form template a name different from the original. To begin formatting the form, click
To cancel the new form, click on
Removing and renaming a form template
To remove an exiting from template the template menu, click
and confirm the action in the popup window.
To Rename a form template, select the desired form from the dropdown menu and click
to save the changes or
to discard changes.
Populating the form with content
Once the new template has been created, it's time to populate the template with the required fields. To do so, drag and drop the required fields from the left column:
Once a field is dropped into the form template, a list appears in the bottom left side of the template screen with basic and advanced settings of the field.
To edit the field's title, simply type the text into the text box (see below as "Name"). Now select the preferred check boxes in the basic settings.
Moving and removing form fields
When populating the form with content, note that the content can be moved up and down as well as removed by clicking one of the following icons at the top of the list:
Set field as From Title - You can set a Label field or a Text Box field as the form title, meaning when opening a new incident, the form title will be the name of the Label field or the value filled in the Text Box field. To set a field as the form title, check the checkbox next to 'Dynamic Form Title':
Note: You can set only one field as 'Dynamic Form Title', and only fields of 'Text Box' type or 'Label' type can be set as 'Dynamic Form Title'.
Visible field - You can define one field do be visible (or not) based on the content of other fields. By clicking on the 'preconditions', you can define the precondition fields and their content:
Note: This new field type is currently relevant only in forms that are filled by the dispatcher.
Required Field in Dispatcher - You can define one field to be mandatory field based on the content of other fields. By clicking on the 'preconditions', you can define the precondition fields and their content.
- The precondition fields (for Required field or Visible filed) can only be one of these types: text box, check box or radio button filed.
- You can not chose field to be Required field and also Visible field, it can be only one of these two options.
Content (Field) Types
- Label - form/section header
- Text Box - Max length can be set
- Text Area - Default setting is up to 500 characters
- External Data - for external links
- Check Box - will allow user to choose multiple options
- Radio buttons (+Panel) - will allow user to choose only one option from several
- Lat/Long - latitude and longitude of the user/incident
- Date/Time - allows insertion of date and time of an incident
- Image Caption - will allow user to capture and send an image
- Time Stamp - will record the time of the form
- Space - will insert a space in the report
- Signature - will allow the user to insert a signature into the form
- Panel - insertion of a panel
- Video - insertion of a video
- Barcode - allows 'Compare to' of a scanned barcode to a predefined list
- Dropdown list - will allow user to choose from a dropdown list
Saving a new form template
Once a new form template has been populated and edited, you can see preview of the form by clicking in "Preview", save it by clicking "Save" in the bottom right corner of the screen, or discard the new form, by clicking "Clear".
Assigning a form to incident types
Once the form has been created it can now be assigned to an incident type either from the form tab or from the Incident tab. To assign it from the Form tab, simply click "Assign" and popup will appear with the list of incidents.
Check the desired incidents and click "Assign". To close the assign window simply click on the X in the top right corner of the popup window:
To learn How to Manage Incident Types, please click here.