Make it easy for website visitors to get in touch with you via text (for both your mobile and desktop website)
Ability to make simple changes to your website (or coordination with whoever maintains your business's website for you)
Make sure potential customers can get their questions answered when they're most interested in you – while they're browsing your website.
Adding a "Text Us" button is the best way for customers to get help without having to create an account or sign into any given social media profile. And unlike "chat" popups on websites, the customer can continue their conversation with your business even after they've closed their browser window.
A Simple Customer Experience
These days, most customers are probably viewing your website on their mobile phone. For these customers, your website's "Text Us" button will automatically open the customer's text messaging app of choice, ready to send you a message. A 1:1 conversation - instead of leaving them to browse your site from their phone - is much more likely to answer the customer's question and lead to business.
On computers and laptops, your "Text Us" button lets the customer type out their question and phone number just as if they had texted you. Numa handles texting the customer back and establishing a connection.
From your perspective, there's no new inbox to keep track of. Any conversation that starts from your website gets routed to your same Numa account, just like any other conversation. Numa manages all the technical details.
What You Need to Do
- Sign into your Numa account at inbox.numa.com.
- Go to the Set up Numa > Web chat
- Customize how web chat appears (optional)
- Copy the HTML snippet you were provided. Alternatively, forward the HTML snippet to whoever manages your business's website.
- Paste the HTML snippet within the <body> of each page of your business's website. See below for step-by-step instructions for many common website builders such as Squarespace or Shopify.
- Save your work to make sure your changes are reflected on your site.
Instructions for some common website providers:
When You're Done
To test that your "Text Us" button is set up properly, simply visit your website on a computer or your phone. You should see a working "Text Us" button along the bottom of the screen!
Customizing Your "Text Us" Button
You can customize the appearance of your "Text Us" button by going to Set up Numa > Web Chat.
- Button Copy
- Go to your Squarespace account.
- Click Settings.
- Open Code Injection.
- Paste your "Text Us" HTML snippet into the Footer field.
- Click Save.
- Open your Shopify Admin.
- Click on Sales Channels and select Online Store.
- Click on Themes.
- Click the three dots (...).
- Click Edit HTML/CSS from the list.
- Open the file named theme.liquid
- Paste your "Text Us" HTML snippet into the file immediately before the </body> tag found towards the bottom of the file.
- Click Save.
- Log in to Weebly, then click Pages at the top and go to the page where you'd like to place your widget.
- Click Build at the top.
- Go to Elements > Embed Code, then drag and drop it to the bottom right corner of your web page.
- Click Edit Custom HTML.
- Copy your "Text Us" HTML snippet and paste it into the Edit Custom HTML box.
- When you click outside of the element, your content should show up on the page, though there are some types of code that will not display anything in the editor. In either case, you'll want to publish your site to make it available to visitors.
Pre-requisites: In order for these instructions to work Wix requires you to have a paid plan and have a domain attached to your website.
1. From the site editor click Settings
2. Add a "Custom tool"
3. Paste your "Text Us" code snippet in the field
4. Choose which page(s) you want the snippet on - we recommend "All pages"
5. Place the code in the "Body - start"
6. Press Apply.
7. Save and publish your site