User Roles let you restrict how much access you give employees when adding them to Numa.
Note: the ability to set custom roles for each user is a feature that is only available with certain billing plans. If your business would like to take advantage of roles, you may need to upgrade your plan.
Users can be an Owner, Manager, or Employee. Specifying a user's role determines which product features they have access to and the nature of their focus when using Numa.
- Owners - Can access all features and have visibility throughout the business. Can manage billing, places, users, and conversations across all of a business's locations, in addition to conversing with customers.
- Managers - Can access conversations, other users, and some product settings for the location (or locations) that they manage.
- Employees - Can access conversations for the locations they are assigned. Can also manage their own personal settings specific to their account.
Any manager or owner can specify users' roles within the Settings of the Numa website.
- Log into inbox.numahelps.com
- Press the Settings button on the left-hand side
- Select Staff
- Select the user whose role you would like to review or change
- Select the "Role" item
Note that managers can only assign roles that are equal or lesser than themselves. Owners can manage all roles.
Still Have Questions?
Have a specific question not covered here? Don't hesitate to contact Numa support! We're here to help.