- Lift the receiver on your business phone and listen for the dial tone
- Dial *92 and wait to hear the dial tone again
- Enter the call forwarding number assigned to you by Numa
- Listen for a confirmation tone, this will indicate that "call forward no answer" has been successfully activated
- Lift the receiver again and listen for the dial tone
- This time, dial *90 and wait to hear the dial tone again
- Once again, enter the call forwarding number assigned to you by Numa
- Listen for the confirmation tone that indicates that "call forward busy" has been successfully activated
How to Confirm It's Working
You can place a test call by going to Set up Numa > Phone numbers > Test my setup or call your business's phone number from your personal phone. If nobody answers, you should hear your Numa Voicemail greeting.
Make sure you don't have an answering machine picking up your calls before they get forwarded.
If your business's phone line is part of a hunt group (multiple lines that ring until one is answered), you may need to set up forwarding on all the lines involved. Alternatively, you could remove your business phone line from the hunt group.
Contact your phone provider and have them double check that forwarding was set up properly and is active on your line.
No matter what, don't hesitate to contact Numa support! We'll happily work with you and your service provider to get you all set up.