The easiest way to set up call forwarding is through Optimum's web portal.
- Log into the Optimum Voice Homepage. If you haven't set up an account, you register for one here.
- From the Features menu in the top navigation, click on Call Forwarding
- By default, the Call Forwarding feature will be set to OFF. To activate Call Forwarding, click the ON dial button next to Call Forwarding.
- You will want to forward calls to a Phone Number
- Use the Call Forwarding-Advanced to call forward when your Line is Busy and Line is Not Answered. You can choose the number of rings the caller would hear before the call is forwarded. We recommend 3 rings.
- Once you have made your selections above, click Submit.
How to Confirm It's Working
You can place a test call by going to Set up Numa > Phone numbers > Test my setup or call your business's phone number from your personal phone. If nobody answers, you should hear your Numa Voicemail greeting.
Make sure you don't have an answering machine picking up your calls before they get forwarded.
If your business's phone line is part of a hunt group (multiple lines that ring until one is answered), you may need to set up forwarding on all the lines involved. Alternatively, you could remove your business phone line from the hunt group.
Contact your phone provider and have them double check that forwarding was set up properly and is active on your line.
No matter what, don't hesitate to contact Numa support! We'll happily work with you and your service provider to get you all set up.