To ensure the safety of our Teachers and Students we have outlined a number of guidelines that we require all Obby Teachers to implement for In-person classes running from the 6th July 2020 going forward.
Every Teacher who has declared they are COVID-19 Secure is given a tag and a badge on each class they declare this, so you know which classes, and which teachers, have implemented the guidelines for working safely during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Look out for the following on each class In-person class page:
COVID-19 Secure Declaration
Each Teacher is asked to declare that, as a representative of their School running classes via the Obby platform (and their Obby integration), they have read, understood and accepted responsibility to implement our COVID-19 Secure guidelines.
Each Teacher accepts that Obby has the right to immediately remove their class, profile and refund any affected customers if evidence is provided showing that they are not following any of the COVID-19 Secure guidelines.
COVID-19 Secure Guidelines
Obby Teachers will;
- Complete a risk assessment of their business and premises using guidance from the Government body HSE > Here. They understand that legally this risk assessment must show on their company website.
- Use their judgement to define a maximum number of participants per class at their premises (including the teacher(s)) in order to comply with one-metre-plus social distancing guidelines.
- Provide hand sanitiser and/or handwashing facilities as students enter their premises to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Provide clear guidance on social distancing and hygiene to students on arrival, for example, signage and visual aids.
- Suspend or reduce teacher guidance that cannot be undertaken without contravening social distancing guidelines. This may include re-thinking how assistance is provided to students.
- Conduct frequent cleaning of work areas and equipment between uses, using their usual cleaning products.
a) Set clear use and cleaning guidance for toilets to ensure they are kept clean and social distancing is achieved as much as possible.
b) Provide more waste facilities and more frequent rubbish collection.
- Put in place collection points for student pieces, rather than passing pieces hand-to-hand.
How do I provide evidence that a Teacher is not following these guidelines?
If you attend an In-person class on or after the 6th July 2020 that you booked via the Obby platform (or Obby integration), that you do not believe meets these guidelines, we ask that you take the following steps:
- Take pictures during the class showing inadequate implementation of these guidelines.
- Send these pictures via email (click the button below) to Obby and provide a detailed explanation of how the class was conducted.
- Include your full name, the class you booked, and date you attended in your email.
Be mindful, and follow best practices
Just as we ask Teachers to follow these guidelines, we ask all students to be mindful of government advice in regards to social distancing and keeping safe during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Most importantly, enjoy your class!