G Suite encompasses Google's set of collaboration and productivity tools such as: Gmail, Google Drive, Hangouts, Audits, Vault and more.
Currently, Onna connects directly to GSuite's API to integrate with an organization's Gmail, Drive, Team Drives and audits.
Prior to being able to collect from G Suite a service account must be created for that G Suite to obtain an access key. Only a G Suite super admin can create a service account. Steps to create the service account are listed below.
- Email Messages (metadata is embedded in email)
- Attachments (embedded in the email)
- Labels from Gmail
- Email to
- Email from
- Email Bcc
- Email Cc
- Email ID
- Email subject
- Files in user accounts
- File creation
- File last modified
- Revision number
- Monthly report of user actions
We currently only support auto-sync.
Yes, you can export data and metadata in eDiscovery ready format. Load files are available in a dat, CSV, or custom text file.
How to Guide
Prior to running the G Suite collection in Onna, a super admin will need to create a service account for the Onna app to run.
To create a service account, follow the instructions provided by Google here. The following steps can only be taken by a super admin for the G Suite account. When enabling APIs for the project, you will need to select the Admin Directory API as well as the Gmail and GDrive APIs.
These details can now be used to create the service account
- use the option to furnish a new key and download the JSON
- enable 'G Suite Domain-wide Delegation' for the Service account
Using the client ID provided by the service account to delegate domain-wide authority to your service account from Google Admin console.
Starting the collection in Onna
For this integration, you'll need access to Onna's admin panel which is available to our Enterprise users.
Head to Enterprise Sources from the admin panel. Click 'Add new' and select Google Suite
The next screen will ask for the following fields:
- Company domain: usually the company website
- Admin's email
- Certificate: this is the JSON obtained while creating a service account for Onna
Once you've filled out the fields, select 'Connect'. The next screen will allow you to choose what you're syncing through G Suite.
For the following options:
- Gmail Accounts: Will allow you to pick all or specific user's accounts from an organization. This will sync the entire contents of the account unless you choose to skip the spam and trash folders. NOTE: Onna cannot collect alias accounts, only individual mailboxes
- Google Audits: Will create a monthly audit file including a monthly report of usage on their account - this includes sharing information, document interactions, total quotas in accounts
- Google Drive & Team Drive Accounts: This option can be used to either pick all or specific user's drive accounts from an organization and/or select a specific team drive to be synced to the platform. Selecting a Drive account will sync the account's entire contents.
Once you select one, you'll have the option to select users
For users you can:
- Sync all user accounts
- Select user accounts to sync by viewing a list and selecting the ones you want
- Entering the accounts manually by copying and pasting a list into a text box
If you're just looking to sync a Team Drive folder(s) then select "Google Drive & Team Drive Accounts". Under the user accounts options you'll see a new option
This will allow you to only sync Team Drive accounts that will appear at the bottom of the page.
You can select all or filter using the bar above the list.
Once you've configured your collection options, select 'Import' at the bottom of the page. Separate Gmail & Drive sources will be created for each of the users selected in the user dashboard.
G Suite FAQ
Does Onna collect from Vault?
Currently Onna does not but this functionality is on our roadmap.
Can the G Suite integration be used to collect from Hangouts?
Currently, not however Onna has an integration to Hangouts that can be accessed with OAuth for a specific user's account.