Microsoft OneDrive is a web-based file-hosting platform that is often part of the Microsoft 365 offering. Onna supports OneDrive online collections. Onna connects directly with the API to collect all information in native format. The integration collects all data and metadata from an entire OneDrive account, defined by the user account's permissions.
Onna interacts with OneDrive's API to collect:
- Files in folders
- Metadata related to files
We currently support two syncing models for OneDrive - one-time and auto-sync.
- One-time is a one-way sync that collects information only once.
- Auto-sync means that Onna will perform a full sync first and will keep the data source and Onna in mirrored sync. Any deletions from the data source will be deleted in Onna, as well.
You can export data and metadata in eDiscovery ready format. Load files are available in a dat, CSV, or custom text file.
The following metadata fields (specific to OneDrive) are exported:
- File creation - the date when the file was uploaded to OneDrive
- File last modified - this date represents when the file was last modified in OneDrive
- Document path - the path of the document within OneDrive's folder structure
- Creator - file owner in One Drive
How to Guide
Click on "Add source" and select Microsoft OneDrive
Click "Connect" on the following screen. That will lead you to the login page for Microsoft 365:
Once you input the user credentials for this source, you'll be asked to verify that Onna has permissions to access documents within this OneDrive. After you accept, you'll be taken to the following page:
- Name the source as you'd like it to appear in Onna e.g. if you're syncing a particular SharePoint site, name it after that site
- Select the type of sync you'd like.
- If you've picked one time sync, you can choose the date range you'd like to sync from the source
- Click 'Get folders'
That will show you a list of folders available in OneDrive that the user has access to see. Select which folders you'd like to sync or sync all
Once you have clicked "Sync", you will see this integration under your Sources page. Onna will begin to interact with OneDrive's API and begin to sync files. Files will be processed and indexed so that all is searchable.
When you click on the OneDrive data source, you will start seeing results being populated.
From this screen, you are able to filter results by date range, categories, and/or extensions using the menu on the left.
OneDrive files in Onna
OneDrive files are received in their native format. Onna's viewer will display the file natively. Here is an example of a PDF
Accessing audit logs
Clicking on the information icon on the top right when you're in the data source screen will take you to the source details where you can see how many files it has and it's size.
Click on Audit Logs to see logs from collection and processing
Ready to start collecting from OneDrive?