iCloud Sync for Over Pro subscribers
From version 5.8.0, and above, Over Pro users will have access to iCloud Sync, which syncs your projects from Over to the Cloud, and not just your device. This will also allow you to sync your projects between multiple devices using iCloud.
Following these steps will let you access iCloud Sync as an Over Pro subscriber:
- In order for iCloud sync to work effectively, it will need to activated on both your iOS device as well as in the Over App.
- To activate iCloud sync on your device, navigate to your settings app, tap your Apple ID card / Profile, then tap iCloud. The screen will present you with a list of Apps using iCloud. From here you can make sure that Over is listed and that it is toggled on (it should show green 💚).
- In Over, tap the Projects icon at the bottom right corner of the screen, and then the Settings cog at the top right corner, to open the Settings drop-down.
- Here you will see a toggle for iCloud Sync that you can switch on (here it will show yellow 💛).
- If you have Over on multiple devices, you’ll need to follow the above steps on them all.
- Once you’ve checked that you’re logged into the same iCloud account on all of your devices, your projects will sync between them 🎉
What does iCloud Sync do?
iCloud is a sync solution, meaning that it keeps all your data in sync across every device you're signed in with your Apple ID. If you delete them from your iPhone, you will unfortunately also be deleting them from iCloud. 😭
We therefore don't recommend iCloud as a way to back up your projects safely to prevent them from being lost should you ever need to change devices, or if you uninstall/delete the Over app.
Back up Solution: Folders
Instead we recommend using our Folders feature to safely back up your projects so that they will be available on your profile, no matter where you log in to the app from, or if you should accidentally delete the app or lose your device. 💃🏽
To save your projects to Folders, long press on them from your Project Feed, and then select 'Add to Folder'. They should then appear in your Folders tab, which can be found in the tab next to your Projects Feed. Voila! Safe and Sound 🙌🏼