On participate.com, you can receive a variety of notifications to stay up-to-date on your account activity and community events. You will automatically receive in-app notifications for all of the events below. You can modify your email notifications to select which events you'd like to be notified about via email.
Types of in-app and email notifications
By default, you will receive in-app and email notifications for the following events:
- When a new announcement is posted in a community you joined
- When you are awarded a digital credential
- When a mentor returns coursework to you for revision
- When new comments are added to a discussion you are subscribed to
- When someone replies to your comment in a discussion post
- When someone mentions you by name in a discussion post
- When a mentor sends you feedback on coursework
Where to find your in-app notifications
In the top-right corner of any page on the site, you will see a bell icon next to your profile image. This icon will have a small, yellow circle to indicate that you have new notifications. You can click on this in-app notifications icon anytime to view recent events related to your activity as a community member, learner or mentor.
Modifying your email notifications settings
By default, your account will be set to receive notifications about all events related to your activity on the platform. However, you can modify your notifications preferences to select exactly which types of notifications you'd like to receive via email. To modify your email notifications preferences:
- Go to your Profile by clicking your profile image in the top-right corner.
- Click the small gear symbol near your profile image on the left-hand side.
- Click the Edit Settings menu option.
In the window that appears, you'll see a list of email notifications that you can select to receive (or not). Simply click on the check box next to each event to select or cancel email notifications for a type of event.
If you would like to discontinue all email notifications, click on the checkbox next to Unsubscribe from all. You will no longer receive email notifications from participate.com. You will continue to have access to notifications in your in-app notifications menu when you are logged into participate.com.
Modifying your email notifications preferences for the events shown in your preferences does not currently affect collections you may have subscribed to. If you are a collaborator on a collection, you will also continue to receive email notifications if a collaborator adds a link or file resource to your collection.
Fellow educators and community facilitators have the option to send you a private message via the [Send Message] option on your user profile. You will continue to receive email notifications related to these one-on-one private messages.
Types of email notifications you may still receive
Even if you choose to Unsubscribe from all platform notifications, there are some situations in which you will still receive an email from participate.com. These include:
- password reset confirmation emails (only if requested by you)
- email verification emails if you link your account to Google, Facebook or Twitter
- technical support status notifications if you have contacted our Support Team
- Participate, Inc. communications if you have signed up for marketing newsletters
- Program application updates if you have applied to a Participate, Inc. program
- Replies from our Sales Team if you have filled out a 'Contact Us' form
- Research surveys related to your satisfaction with Participate.com
*If you have questions or need assistance, contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the chat icon on the bottom-right corner of any page.