In each community on Participate.com, members can hold one or several roles, depending on how active they are in the development of courses, resources, discussions, and announcements.
Learners can access...
- Courses: Enroll/unenroll in courses and add courses to their own collections
- Resources: Share + view collections and add those to their own individual collections
- Discussions: Create discussions, join discussions (if they've joined the community), delete their own discussion posts
Moderators can do everything a learner can plus...
- Edit the community description and banner + logo images of a community
- View the community collection on the backend by clicking "edit" ....but cannot actually make edits within the community collection
Community Administrators can do everything learners and moderators can plus...
- Create Announcements: Create/delete/edit announcements owned by other people
- Collections: edit details about the collection
- Create Courses: Add, edit, and remove courses in their community
- Add/Upload Resources: Add, edit, and remove resources
- Manage Discussion: Create, edit, and delete any discussion (cannot remove individual comments from within a discussion)
- View Course Reports: Can view community reports
- have the same capabilities as learners
- show up on the top of the Members section but have no other special capabilities
Community Designers can...
- create new courses and new course bundles
- test new courses before learners
- do everything a learner can
The combination of the Community Administrator and Community Leader roles create the Community Facilitator Role.
*If you have questions or need assistance, contact our Support Team at email@example.com or use the chat icon on the bottom-right corner of any page.