There are two privacy settings to choose from when publishing pages to your community: hidden or published. Read on to learn more about how to customize your community members' access and views of resources in your community.
Pre-publication Setting: Draft staus
Before a page is published, it will be in 'Draft' status. This status allows your community admins and designers to edit and review page content before it goes live.
Sharing your 'Draft' pages with editor and reviewers
- Only your community's admins and designers can view a draft page. To share the link to a draft page, you can copy the website URL from your web browser's address bar and share the link with other admins & designers in your community.
- From the main view of the page, your community admins and designers can click on the 'Actions' menu to switch to edit view for the page.
Who can see your 'Draft' pages?
- Draft pages are not searchable on our site and are not indexed by search engines.
- Only your community admins and designers will see the page listed in the Resources tab of your community --- regular members of your community will not see this resource available at all.
- Your community admins and designers can view and edit the page.
Privacy Option: Hidden pages
Let's say you have created a page, which you would like to share with some of your community members, or with non-members outside of the platform. However, you only want to share it in some locations (e.g., social media, inside of a specific course or discussion) or for some of your audience to view --- you do not want all of your community members to see this page listed in the Resources tab of your community.
In this case, we recommend setting your page resource to 'Hidden'. This visibility setting allows anyone with the link to view your page content, but it will not appear for regular members, inside of the community.
Sharing your 'Hidden' pages with viewers
- Copy the website URL to your page and share the hyperlink in an email, a social media campaign, a discussion post or a course.
- If your community setting is 'Private', then people viewing your page will not be able to view your community. If your community setting is 'Hidden' or 'Public', then anyone viewing the page will be able to view your community. (Click here to read more about community visibility settings.)
Who can see your 'Hidden' pages?
- Hidden pages are not searchable on our site and are not indexed by search engines.
- Hidden pages are visible to anyone --- both members and non-members --- with whom you share the link.
- Hidden pages will not appear in the Resources tab for your regular (Learner) community members.
- Hidden pages will appear for community admins and designers in your community.
Privacy Options: Published pages
This is the most open and accessible visibility level for pages. All of your community members will see this page appear in the Resources tab of your community. If your community setting is Public, then anyone who is browsing communities will also have the ability to see a 'Published' page in the Resources tab of your community.
Sharing your 'Published' pages with viewers
- You can encourage anyone to view your 'Published' pages by guiding them to the Resources tab in your community.
- Fun fact: you can also search and filter for specific resources in your community and share a filtered view link with your audience. Click the link below to see an example of a filtered link --- in the window that opens, you will see only pages containing the word 'community' in our Teach the Global Goals community:
Who can see your 'Published' pages
- Anyone in your community will see your 'Published' page displayed in the Resources tab.
- If your community setting is 'Public', then anyone browsing public communities on Participate.com will see the page displayed in the Resources tab. (Click here to read more about community visibility settings.)
- Any visitor whom you invite to view your community will see the page in the Resources tab.
*If you have questions or need assistance, contact our Support Team at email@example.com or use the chat icon on the bottom-right corner of any page.