To join a Participate Chat, just follow these steps:
1. Register for a Twitter handle if you don't already have one (make sure it's with the same email address as your Participate account), and log into your Twitter account.
2. In a new browser tab, Log In to participate.com with your Participate email address and password (or register for a free account).
3. Visit https://www.participate.com/chats. You will be asked to authenticate your Participate account with your Twitter credentials.
4. Once your Participate and Twitter accounts are connected, type in the name of the chat you're looking for in the search bar (or browse the topic areas to get started).
5. Click on the name of the chat you're interested in, and select the [Join now] button
6. Click the blue "Tweet to" button in the chat window and type in your message. Click "Share" to post it to the chat stream! The chat hashtag will automatically be added to your tweet.
If the chat is busy and you'd like to take a break, you can click on "Pause chat stream" to stop and come back, whenever you'd like.
7. At any time, you can also view Questions & Answers, shared resources, and participants by clicking to expand the blue sidebar on the right-hand side.
8. In the sidebar, you can click to view each Q&A, click to view shared resources and/or add a resource to one of your Participate collections, and click on fellow participants to follow them on Twitter. You'll also receive notifications here, if someone likes one of your posts or follows you on Twitter.
9. If the moderator for your chat is posting questions (e.g., Q1, Q2, Q3, etc.), you can add your comments to any question thread by adding the letter 'A' and then number of the question you are answering (e.g., A1, A2, A3) to the front of your message. You'll see your answers appear in the sidebar, alongside other participant answers.
10. Finally, you can interact with individual posts by clicking on the 3 orange dots next to any post. You'll see a menu appear with options to Reply, Retweet, Like, Follow, Flag as Inappropriate, Block User.
If you have any questions along the way, feel free to reach out to our support team, by clicking on the Help icon in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. Enjoy chatting!