Our Media Manager can be used in conjunction with Blocks to easily manage your images, files, and video or audio media.
- Upload multiple files at once (new!)
- Record audio files on the spot and upload instantly (new!)
- Upload files and images easily from multiple locations
- Edit images (crop, shape, rotate)
- Save and reuse files again and again after uploading once
- Delete files you no longer need
- Curate the perfect images and search all files by tag
- Your device
- Google Drive
- Link (URL)
- Take a photo or record video or audio on the spot
How to access the Media Manager
From any step using Blocks content,* insert an image or media Block. Hover over the template and select the button to "Replace" or "Add" a new file or image. This pulls up the Media Manager.
*Note: the Media Manager is not currently available in our legacy content types or in non-content areas.
Upload new images and files
With the Media Manager open, select the "Upload" button. Select a file or multiple files that you have on your device, or search the web or another app for a file.
You can upload...
- Video files like .mp4 and .mov up to 1.5GB
- Audio files like .mp3 and .wav up to 100MB
- Text files like .pdf and .docx up to 100MB
- Images as .jpeg and .png up to 100MB
Before completing the upload, you can crop, shape, or rotate images.
After uploading, you can hover over any file and select the + icon to add to your Block.
Organize and reuse images and files
Once uploaded, you can use your files again and again. Use the search bar and filters to help you find specific media that you uploaded in the past.
Make this even more powerful by tagging your files. To tag a file, hover over it and select "Details." From here, you can...
- Edit the file name
- Add alternative text (for screen readers)
- Delete the file from the Manager (this will not delete the file from courses)
- Add tags
To add a tag, type your tag and hit Enter after each entry. You can enter multiple tags. Once you have your files tagged, you can search by tag to find a relevant piece of media.
Search by tag:
Recommended minimum image widths
We recommend consulting the minimum widths listed here when uploading an image in a given Block. Images that are too small or low-resolution may appear pixelated.
- All full width images: 2000px wide
Title with image
Text with image
Full width image
- All centered images: 1600px wide
Image with annotations
- Image with text: 800px wide
- Flashcard with image: 800px wide
- Two-column images: 800px wide
- Three-column images: 600px wide
- Quote with image: 160px wide