The Multiple Choice question Block can be used as part of an assessment to check learners' understanding and recall. You can also use a Multiple Choice Block to make a True/False question or Matching question with one item in the question and the matching item in the answer options.
Consider using questions throughout the course - not just in scored assessments! - to keep learners engaged and on track, just as you would do by asking questions in the classroom.
Sample Multiple-choice: learner preview mode on the left and edit mode on the right
How to add a Multiple Choice question Block
- Create a new step on your course Path and open the step.
- Select "Assessment" then "Multiple Choice." You've added a Block to your step!
- Replace the question template text with a question of your own or instructions. Add answer options. Toggle on the checkmark to the right of the correct answer option. Or, do not select any "correct" answer if you want it to be a survey-type question; respondents will be able to select one response.
- Optionally add more Blocks. When finished, hit Publish.
- Ask a question with one correct answer or no correct answer, and two or more answer options.
- Add, edit, and delete possible answer options.
- Quickly reuse a question in the same step by clicking the copy button and editing the copy.
- Optionally add an answer explanation. This will display after the question is answered, depending on your choices in the step settings.
- Require review or let the step autograde the response based on completion.
- Receive notification when an answer is submitted and leave comments, a video, audio, or file in your response, and assign points (optional).
- Select one answer option and submit their answer.
- Complete the assignment in order to mark the step complete.
- Depending on your choices in the step settings, learners can reset their response to take again and view the answer explanation immediately, if provided.
- View points and feedback by email and in-app, when applicable.
Q. How do I adjust points and grading notifications?
A. Open the step settings to adjust these settings and more for the step.
Q. Can I mark more than one option as correct?
A. Not with a Multiple Choice question, but you can add a Checkboxes question in order to add a question with multiple correct answers. Multiple choice questions will now let you select 0 "correct" answers to use as a survey-type question.
All Blocks enable you to...
- Toggle between similar layouts.
- Duplicate the Block to edit and reuse on the same step.
- Reorder Blocks up and down the page.
- Insert additional Blocks above or below.
- Delete Blocks.
- Preview the entire step as a learner.
- Undo previous edits (Control+Z to undo your last edit to text, or click "Publish," then "Discard" to undo all edits since you last published the step).
- Copy & paste the entire step or lesson and reuse in the same course or another course.