Spruce up your course with photos, artwork, charts or diagrams, gifs, and more with Image Blocks. Make an image interactive by dropping points anywhere on the image that display text annotations upon hover. Mix images into readings, assessments, or any step you like with our mix-and-match Blocks.
👉Tip: This article will cover image Blocks for single images. To see more options for adding multiple images in a single Block, see Gallery Image Blocks.
How to add images
- Create a new step on your course Path and open the step.
- Select "Image" then choose one layout option (you can switch between layout options later). You've added a Block to your step!
- Select "Replace Image" and use the Media Manager to upload and insert your image.
- Optionally add more Blocks. When finished, hit Publish.
You can switch between five types...
- Centered - this centers the image on the page with space on all side.
- Full width - this completely fills the width of the step with the image.
- Image with text - this places the image to the left, with text on the right.
- Text on image - provides a full-width banner-style image with text on top.
- Image with annotations - provides a centered image where you can drop multiple points and add text annotations for learners to explore on hover.
You can additionally...
- Upload files in the following formats: JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc.
- Reuse files in other steps once stored in the Media Manager.
- Use the full text editor, including hyperlinks, on the Image with text, Text on image layouts, and Image with annotations.
Q. What are the recommended file sizes and resolutions?
A. See the end of the Media Manager article here.
Q. Can I link to a file from one of the layouts with text?
A. You can add a hyperlink, but for attached files, we recommend using the Attachments Block.
Q. Do you have plans for more interactive Blocks?
A. We do have more in the works, but you should also check out our Flashcards with images.
Q. Can I resize images?
A. You can crop images when you upload them into the Media Manager. Images cannot currently be resized once uploaded. See more about using the Media Manager here.
Q. How do I move one of my annotations?
A. You'll need to delete the existing one and create a new one where you want it.
All Blocks enable you to...
- Toggle between similar layouts.
- Duplicate the Block to edit and reuse on the same step.
- Reorder Blocks up and down the page.
- Insert additional Blocks above or below.
- Delete Blocks.
- Preview the entire step as a learner.
- Undo previous edits (Control+Z to undo your last edit to text, or click "Publish," then "Discard" to undo all edits since you last published the step).
- Copy & paste the entire step or lesson and reuse in the same course or another course.