Connect Pathwright to hundreds of other apps with Zapier
Zapier lets you connect Pathwright to 2,000+ other web services. Automated connections called Zaps, set up in minutes with no coding, can automate your day-to-day tasks and build workflows between apps that otherwise wouldn't be possible.
Each Zap has one app as the "Trigger," where your information comes from and which causes one or more "Actions" in other apps, where your data gets sent automatically.
Getting Started with Zapier
You will need to first create a Zapier account and connect it to your Pathwright account. Zapier integration is included with the Essentials Plan and above.
Once you're connected, you can automate actions with just a few steps.
To help you hit the ground running, here are some popular pre-made Zaps.
Find more apps
Search for the app you want to integrate with Pathwright here, to see if is supported: search Zapier.
Here are just a few:
- Google Sheets, Drive, Docs, Forms, Slides
- And hundreds more
Don't see what you need? You can contact the app creators and see if they can add the needed action, or you could look into Webhooks from Zapier. The Zapier Platform is open to anyone to connect their own privately owned API or connect to a public API for their own private use.
How does it work?
If you're unfamiliar with Zapier, here's how it works: https://zapier.com/how-it-works/.
So basically, when you're on your Zapier dashboard, you can do the following:
- Make a New Zap.
- Select your Trigger & Action and add Filters to further refine the actions.
- Test your Zap, then set it live.
Triggers are events that initiate a new Action in another app. Here are the Triggers that you can use for Pathwright:
- New student subscription — triggered when a member subscribes to a subscription plan.
- New learning activity — triggered whenever a member completes a tracked activity in Pathwright (completes a step, posts to a discussion, etc.)
- Student course completion — triggered when a member completes a course.
- New school member — triggered when a new member account is created.
- School membership updated — triggered when a membership is updated in your school.
- Student unsubscription — triggered when a member unsubscribes from a subscription plan.
- New student class registration — triggered when a member joins a course.
- Step review status change — triggered when a step's review status may have changed. This could be either the result of a step being automatically assigned a score, or from a teacher manually reviewing a submission. Additionally, other life-cycle events that affect the score or review status of a student's step will trigger this to be sent, such as skips or resets performed either by or on behalf of a student.
An Action is what happens when a Trigger event is sent to Zapier from another app. Here are the Actions you can use for Pathwright:
- Create registration invitation — used to invite a user to a cohort, and optionally create their user automatically.
Filters from Zapier determine whether or not a Zap sends based on an "if-then" condition that you choose.
For example, you can filter a Zap by the course ID to tell your Zap "If the course ID matches this particular course, then email me when the course is completed."
Or, "If this particular product is purchased from my Shopify page, then send the course invite to this particular course on Pathwright."
Filters ensure that your Zap only sends when all the qualifications are met.
Need to find a certain course ID or offering ID number to enter in Zapier?
You may need to filter a Zap using a course ID, cohort ID, or step ID to make sure that your Zap is firing only for a particular registration or completion.
- Here's how to find a course ID number for any of your courses. Find the course in your Pathwright account and open "Course Settings." With the Course Settings open, examine the URL. There will be a number at the end of the URL that looks something like this: /manage/resource/12345/. Those ending digits are your course ID number.
- Here's how to find the cohort or class section ID number for any of your courses. Find the course in your Pathwright account and open to the Path (if you use multiple cohorts, you need to be in the cohort, not in the Master). With the Path open, examine the URL. There will be a number at the end of the URL that looks something like this: /12345/path/. Those digits before the word "path" are your class section or Offering_ID number.
- Here's how to find a step source ID. Open to the step you want to use to trigger an event. Copy the digits from the end of the URL. It will look something like this: /path/step/12345678/ (The step source ID is the same for a step across the Master and all cohorts where it's used. If you want to specify the step in a particular cohort, use an additional filter for the cohort.)